Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

A multiplayer expansion pack for Mount and Blade: Warband set during the late Napoleonic Wars.

Gauging the interesting on M&BW: Napoleonic Wars

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Edit: Should be interest, not interest. My bad , of course.... Hopefully changing titles on threads will be in the site's redesign. Heh.

It has been about three weeks or so after the release of this DLC/Expansion to Mount&Blade: Warband and the third now unofficial Public NA Friday Linebattle event is coming about 4 and an half hours after this post is made. So, I've been curious on this community's interest on this game. Who got it, planning to get it in the near future, indifferent, or bugger it not getting it at all. Also, I would like to see some more opinions and impressions.

To start off, here is mine:

The DLC so far has been pretty alright with me with the exception of some bugs and some balances that should be fixed by forthcoming patches/updates. Although, I have mixed feelings about how this compares to other mods since as noted by others that Napoleonic Wars is not unique in terms of its features and only polish will really set it apart. Though the same can be said about the standalone expansion, Fire&Sword, of which was not as good as the mods put out from the Warband community (this is a popular census so far) . Of course, the main reason I got the DLC was because of the community and the user-driven events such as the mentioned in the beginning of this post. Still, look for some videos and reviews if you're curious. I personally place some stuff in the news/blog portion of this game's wiki. Someone has to at least do some coverage/updates of a Mount&Blade game on this site.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I really like the DLC. I was a huge fan of Mount & Musket when it was a mod, and I feel like it now being a paid product means that they now have the time and resources to put behind it to make it even better (and they have). I mean, just look at the way cannons operate in the DLC. They were barely functional in M&M, and now they work pretty well with a lot of cool new features and options.

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Yeah, they did well on the artillery bit and linebattles have become a lot less safe for the line infantry regiments more than ever with very usable cannons and such. You could get so precise with the cannons in such a way a good cannoneer(e.,g. Munro and maybe CaptainCanada) could easily get 10+ kills with one shot..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.