Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA Jam

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Return to the roots of arcade NBA basketball in the 2010 installment of NBA Jam. Developed by EA Canada for seventh-generation game consoles, this rebirth brings back the gameplay, aesthetics, and gratuitous secrets of the original 1993 arcade game.

NBA JAM coming to XBLA for 4800 Microsoft Points

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

PSN users are also screwed, but that didn't make for a fun title.

Oh yeah, and it comes with a free copy of NBA Elite 11, which you probably don't care about AT ALL if you're looking forward to a zany arcade basketball game.  At any rate, get ready to see LOADS and LOADS of copies of NBA Elite 11 for DIRT CHEAP at your local GameStop, and get ready to hate EA more than you have EVER hated EA:

From Kotaku: 
    http://kotaku.com/5603068/nba-jam-confirmed-for-360-ps3-but-theres-a-catch

After months of rumours, EA Sports confirmed today that NBA Jam won't just be released on the Wii, with high definition versions also on the way for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Warning: some bad news follows.

While the game will technically be coming to the PS3 and 360, it won't be available individually. Instead, it'll be included as a downloadable title (via a code) in $60 copies of EA's regular basketball title, NBA Elite.

"We're still holding back the Remix Tour for the Wii consumer, and that's about 20 hours of gameplay," EA Sports' Jordan Edelstein tells ESPN. "But for the PS3 and 360, we want people to try 'Elite'. We feel like 'NBA Elite 11' is a great product and we want people to give it a chance and see all the changes we're making. So as a way to say thanks to these people, we are going to let them experience 'Jam'. It's not the full product, but it's a good portion of it.

"And the only way to play 'Jam' on the 360 and PS3 is by picking up 'Elite'. There's a one-time use code that will be in every copy of 'Elite', so you just go online and redeem it. We're not selling 'Jam' on PSN or Xbox Live. If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up 'Elite', you're still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play."

Way to go, EA. I didn't think it was possible to dampen my enthusiasm for this game, but you pretty much just found a way to do it. Either pay full price for a Wii version that will lack online play, or buy a basketball game I don't want and get a glorified demo of the game I did want.

Then again, since this will both boost sales of NBA Elite and kill the game's re-sale value, it's probably mission accomplished from where they're sitting.

So yeah, you're not even getting the full NBA Jam for your 60 dollars.  I would not be at all surprised to see at MOST a 30 dollar trade in value on NBA Elite 11 on day one.

Kind of makes a 15 dollar map pack look like a heavenly blessing, doesn't it?
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Well shit.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ch13696

NBA Elite won't even go for a $30 trade in value. I say $15. Anyways, I doubt a lot of people will even be picking up NBA Elite. Regardless of the NBA Jam demo.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

was just about to make a forum of this. Thats bullshit that its not the full product, and its only with elite. Fuck EA.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

Yeah who needs the full product, when you can get a good taste of the game? 

Good job fucktards, EA can go lick my chocolate salty balls. (put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em)

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

And poof goes my excitement for NBA Jam

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By fjordson

I was already excited about NBA Elite, so this is a nice bonus. 

I'm completely baffled as to why they won't just release the full thing on XBLA and PSN, though.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By alternate

Way to go EA hero (new NBA Jam) to zero ($60) in one short swoop.

garc4475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By garc4475

4800 ms points lol and its only the nba jam demo LMFAO

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By bibamatt

I can't believe this shit!  I guess I'll pick it up on Wii, but to actually MAKE a PS3/Xbox version and then have it a crippled, demo version is mental.  It'd be a day one purchase on 360 - not so sure about Wii, with no decent multiplayer...  

Absolutely abominable.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Radar

Once NBA Elite's first 4 months of mediocre sales are done with they'll release it as a $15 download. They know people want Jam and no one gives two shits about Elite.

Domeuhlome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Domeuhlome

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Computerplayer1

I'm having a hard time adapting to this EA nonsense lately. 

I went from excited to depressed in less than fifteen seconds.

mexicanhatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mexicanhatboy
    @Radar said:
    " Once NBA Elite's first 4 months of mediocre sales are done with they'll release it as a $15 download. They know people want Jam and no one gives two shits about Elite. "
    Probably this. EA do love money. Kinda weird that they're not putting the full thing out with Elite. I wonder if that's so they can release a full version later and essentially charge people twice?
    tygan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By tygan
    @Fjordson: It does seem kinda shady, but I agree this is a good bonus for people who were looking forward to Elite. It's probably there just to get more sales for Elite.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#16  Edited By EpicSteve

i feel like that's fucked up.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Andorski

Good way to confirm that Elite is so bad that you need to combine it with Jam to sell copies.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By FesteringNeon

Do you notice the way he keeps referencing "Jam" instead of "NBA Jam". I have a feeling the full download will be available down the road, "Jam" just being the demo. I could be wrong, but a minor word play situation is all that could be seperating a disgruntled few, and a *whew*.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.