Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA Street

Franchise »

NBA Street is a series of arcade-style basketball games.

Anyone else out there remember how awesome these games were?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By pyromagnestir

NBA Street Vol. 2 was a top 3 multiplayer experience for me and my friends during it's generation (behind only Halo 2 and Smash Bros. Melee), and my friends were either indifferent to basketball, or hated it entirely. Didn't stop us from playing a shit load of 2 v 2 or 1 on 1 matches over the summer after the game came out.

By the time V3 came out my friends had lost interest, sadly, so I never played it, (I usually don't buy annualized sports games anyway, I'll check out a baseball game every 3 or 4 years or so, Madden about once a generation, and the other sports I get even more sporadically) but I've been nostalgian something real bad for a little Street action, so I just bought a copy of both Vol. 2 (it was actually my little brothers copy of the game we were all playing, so he took it away with him when he went to prep school some years back and either it got lost along the way or it's buried in some box of his junk somewhere) and V3 off amazon and eagerly await there arrival so I can play them while listening to a bombcast or something.

I'm curious what you guys' thoughts are about the games. Anybody play Homecourt and is that worth a look? Am I crazy or was there talk about a Street 4 at some point recently? Would you want a new one?

I'm amazed at how quick the Street fad seemed to burn itself out. Although I just discovered a FIFA Street just came out this March. Huh. This is the first I've heard of this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.