Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NCAA Football 11

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 13, 2010

EA's upcoming college pigskin game will feature new locomotion player movements, new equipment, formation subs, and more. Former University of Florida quarterback and Heisman Trophy Tim Tebow will grace the cover of this year's edition.

How to play online players?

PSUDude66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PSUDude66

What I mean is how is the best way to play online?  I  usually play single player, and want to get more into playing other people.  I am wondering how do people strategy wise play online, so I don't get housed trying to play as I do single player. 

Thanks

Avatar image for guitarjunkie1123
    guitarjunkie1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By guitarjunkie1123

From my VERY limited experience playing online in all EA football games. Most people tend to play with the team with the best overall qb (most likely Ohio State this yeah with Pryor's stats) and line up for a hail mary every offensive play. If you successfully cover the wide outs then they'll break off a run, if you bring pressure they'll get rid of the ball. As far from actual football as possible, but what can ya do? It's tough, with lots of rage quitting if you're not playing a ranked match. Ultimately, I avoid online play simply because of the overwhelming number of people who simply use exploits, talk trash, and the game they're playing is nothing that even resembles what you see on saturdays. Up to you man, best of luck if you give it a shot, just be prepared for some weird stuff.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SpartyOn
    @PSUDude66:
    When I play online I live off running and play-action.  Audibles and hot routes are also your best friend.  People online know the plays, so it's a really good idea to change your plays at the line.  Like on defense try and judge the package the offense is running, and adjust your defensive scheme accordingly.   

Other than that it's really learn as you go, you know?
    SashaNYI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SashaNYI

Bearing in mind that I dont have NCAA yet, I can pass along my wisdom from previous editions.

GuitarJunkie says it best....be prepared for weird stuff. Yes, you do find plenty of jerk-offs who use the best team and play cheesy but YOU WILL find people who play normal and will be genuine good sports.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Gambit

I haven't played any online ranked matches yet in 11 but guitarjunkie pretty much nailed it. You'll get alot of assholes using a fast QB and will run around in the back field untill someones open or the have a chance to run for the first down. They'll also go for it on 4th down all the time and 2pt conversions. Its better to try and play with friends.

And yeah everyone will pick the best teams sucks for me to because bama is great in this game. No one cared that I used them in the past versions cause they weren't that great but i'll end up getting hate messages and rage quits this year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.