How the hell do you mute people on the PC version?

#1 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Every damn game I join there's some moron with an open mic echoing every gamesound. HOW DO I MUTE THAT IDIOT?!

#2 Posted by NimbusLaw (24 posts) -

Open EasyDrive, then open player list and you can mute every person manually. Found this on the Origin Sites.

#3 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@NimbusLaw said:

Open EasyDrive, then open player list and you can mute every person manually. Found this on the Origin Sites.

Man, I tried looking through EasyDrive.. thanks.. I'll try again next time I play. Also, are you getting matched with tons of (what I presume are) Russian players? I don't really mind, but I cannot understand a word of what they're saying.

#4 Posted by Sin4profit (2919 posts) -

@murisan said:

@NimbusLaw said:

Open EasyDrive, then open player list and you can mute every person manually. Found this on the Origin Sites.

Man, I tried looking through EasyDrive.. thanks.. I'll try again next time I play. Also, are you getting matched with tons of (what I presume are) Russian players? I don't really mind, but I cannot understand a word of what they're saying.

yep, i mentioned the matchmaking issue in my review.

the solution is, in fact, to mute every player manually until you no longer hear their mics...it lasts all of until new players come in with their mics on that you then have to go through your whole list to figure out who's not muted...the game is terrible on the PC.

#5 Posted by RussianDrink (117 posts) -

The muting situation is pretty shitty on the PS3 too. The game would benefit from a "Mute everyone from now on" button.

#6 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2343 posts) -
@RussianDrink said:

The muting situation is pretty shitty on the PS3 too. The game would benefit from a "Mute everyone from now on" button.

Every game should have this feature.
#7 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Xbox has this feature just turn chat volume to 0

#8 Posted by pyide (140 posts) -

I found the d-pad menu > players > mute option fairly on, but what I don't understand is why there are absolutely no settings or configuration options for voice chat on PC. It's like it doesn't exist, yet it works for some people and they may not even know it. My mic doesn't though. For all the sounds that it picks up, I wonder if it's using webcams for chat. It's so strange.

#9 Posted by BreakfastKing (109 posts) -

Yeah I like to think I'm not completely stupid, but I have no freaking idea how to change or setup anything voice related in this game. I'm loving the game so far, I just wish I could talk :/

Or worse, maybe I can talk and I'm the asshole that everyone is trying to mute.

#10 Edited by Barrabas (326 posts) -

@BreakfastKing said:

Or worse, maybe I can talk and I'm the asshole that everyone is trying to mute.

And you would know that you were being that guy if there was any indication on the screen of who was talking, but there's absolutely nothing. The whole thing is crazy. I now play multiplayer with my computer muted. It's easier than traversing the menus to figure out who is making noise.

#11 Posted by BreakfastKing (109 posts) -

Yeah no kidding. It's a bummer though because for the most part, it seems like a solid PC port. Controller support has been working pretty well for me, game looks and performs great. Only other complaint I could think of is the slow menu navigation, but for all I know the consoles have that too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.