Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

How the hell do you mute people on the PC version?

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By murisan

Every damn game I join there's some moron with an open mic echoing every gamesound. HOW DO I MUTE THAT IDIOT?!

Avatar image for deactivated-60f5d7f2a3be3
    deactivated-60f5d7f2a3be3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Open EasyDrive, then open player list and you can mute every person manually. Found this on the Origin Sites.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By murisan

@NimbusLaw said:

Open EasyDrive, then open player list and you can mute every person manually. Found this on the Origin Sites.

Man, I tried looking through EasyDrive.. thanks.. I'll try again next time I play. Also, are you getting matched with tons of (what I presume are) Russian players? I don't really mind, but I cannot understand a word of what they're saying.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Sin4profit

@murisan said:

@NimbusLaw said:

Man, I tried looking through EasyDrive.. thanks.. I'll try again next time I play. Also, are you getting matched with tons of (what I presume are) Russian players? I don't really mind, but I cannot understand a word of what they're saying.

yep, i mentioned the matchmaking issue in my review.

the solution is, in fact, to mute every player manually until you no longer hear their mics...it lasts all of until new players come in with their mics on that you then have to go through your whole list to figure out who's not muted...the game is terrible on the PC.

RussianDrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By RussianDrink

The muting situation is pretty shitty on the PS3 too. The game would benefit from a "Mute everyone from now on" button.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@RussianDrink said:

The muting situation is pretty shitty on the PS3 too. The game would benefit from a "Mute everyone from now on" button.

Every game should have this feature.
    Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Xbox has this feature just turn chat volume to 0

pyide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By pyide

I found the d-pad menu > players > mute option fairly on, but what I don't understand is why there are absolutely no settings or configuration options for voice chat on PC. It's like it doesn't exist, yet it works for some people and they may not even know it. My mic doesn't though. For all the sounds that it picks up, I wonder if it's using webcams for chat. It's so strange.

BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BreakfastKing

Yeah I like to think I'm not completely stupid, but I have no freaking idea how to change or setup anything voice related in this game. I'm loving the game so far, I just wish I could talk :/

Or worse, maybe I can talk and I'm the asshole that everyone is trying to mute.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Barrabas

@BreakfastKing said:

Or worse, maybe I can talk and I'm the asshole that everyone is trying to mute.

And you would know that you were being that guy if there was any indication on the screen of who was talking, but there's absolutely nothing. The whole thing is crazy. I now play multiplayer with my computer muted. It's easier than traversing the menus to figure out who is making noise.

BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BreakfastKing

Yeah no kidding. It's a bummer though because for the most part, it seems like a solid PC port. Controller support has been working pretty well for me, game looks and performs great. Only other complaint I could think of is the slow menu navigation, but for all I know the consoles have that too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.