Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Undercover

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Need for Speed: Undercover returns the franchise to the arcade-style open world gameplay found in NFS: Most Wanted and NFS: Carbon.

Better than Most Wanted (comparatively i.e. 2005 = 2008)

meatface18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By meatface18

Is this game better than Need For Speed Most Wanted? As in if this game was released alongside MW same day (as competitors if you will) would it be a better game? Eg. Forza 2 would be considered better than Forza, however NFSHP2 would be considered (arguably) better than Underground 2, and Carbon would be better than Prostreet, Goldeneye N64>Nightfire, etc. If I had never played either of these games which would I honestly be better of getting REGARDLESS of price. Let's I want to buy one of these Need for Speed Games and have it still spinning in the disc tray in a few months. Which is just genuinely a better game?

I have played through Most Wanted and LOVED, bought it for PS2 and later 360, and played campaign through roughly 5 times, Ive replayed the last chase like 20 times (left it saved on the chase, turned autosave off), and have invested at least 4 months (up to a year) of my game time in each of the NFS games since Road & Track Presents The Need for Speed (1994). This is the only NFS game I have never touched. I am not, however a fanboy, as I LOVE every Midnight Club game as well as enjoying TDU and PGR3-4. I was disappointed with Carbon and very let down by ProStreet as soon as I heard of the entire concept of the game back in early 07.

So of MW and UC, which is seirously a better game compared raw and side by side, with no leniency or preference given to either game for comparative originality, different release date, etc. Imagine they both came out.. today!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tekmojo

Doesn't matter, this one beats them all.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

I haven't gotten to play Undercover yet, but I will sometime this or next week in-between playing Prince of Persia.

As for NFS III....yeah....it WAS good.  Go play it NOW!  That thing controls like crap, and it's a VERY limited game with only decently designed tracks.  =  /  Still, it was the high point for the franchise.

Personally, I still liked Most Wanted and the first Underground more than any of the others.  They were just fun.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Black_Rose
    tekmojo said:
    "Doesn't matter, this one beats them all.

"
    This man speaks the truth
    meatface18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By meatface18

Okay guys I get it Im all nostalgic about NFSIII I own 2 copies and played the Career through many times, hell I have it on 4 different computers, one of which is dead, and the soundtrack is on my iPod.

But if it was released TODAY it would be the joke of the year. NFSMW in that sense can be said is better with better track design, selection of cars, gameplay, graphics, etc. In the same spirit, is Undercover better than MW, nostalgia aside?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
    meatface18 said:
    "Okay guys I get it Im all nostalgic about NFSIII I own 2 copies and played the Career through many times, hell I have it on 4 different computers, one of which is dead, and the soundtrack is on my iPod.

But if it was released TODAY it would be the joke of the year. NFSMW in that sense can be said is better with better track design, selection of cars, gameplay, graphics, etc. In the same spirit, is Undercover better than MW, nostalgia aside?"
    Like I said, haven't played it yet.  I know it got a pretty nasty review here on GB, and the overall ratings for it are pretty meh.  That said, that's a critic's standpoint....not the standpoint of franchise fans.
    I'll say that at this point, anything would be better than Carbon or Pro Street...especially Pro Street.  Hell, even if they gave us a revamp of Most Wanted with a better frame rate, I'd be fuckin' happy.

Most Wanted didn't really have "track design" so to speak.  I mean, it DID...but ya know...

I'm gonna be giving it a go sometime in the next week or two, so I'll have some opinions up about it eventually...but it's definitely not a game that's at the top of my radar when PoP came out today.  =  /
    splitscreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By splitscreen

got to say this game is worth every penny whhen i bought it. still havent yet finshed the career and still im have the time of my lyf playing everyday.. im compketing all the evnts to make thing more fun.

defently better than most wanted because of the grafics and gamesplay oviosly 

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Supermarius

I just wanted to say that I just recently started playing this game alot and in its post "patched a couple times" state its actually pretty great.  I think this is my new game with a really low aggregate review score that I find to be excellent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.