Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Neo Geo Pocket Color

Platform »

The Neo Geo Pocket Color is a 16 bit color handheld console from SNK.

Just found a Neo Geo Pocket!

blabbermouth64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I was able to snag a Neo Geo Pocket Color at a goodwill for about 10 bucks! It seems like a good deal considering most of the Neo Geo Pockets on ebay are at least $50 and as much as 150-200. Is that how much they typically go for?

It also had the game Baseball Stars Color The little bit I played seemed very similar to RBI Baseball.

I am totally unfamiliar with both the NGPC and Baseball Stars Color. Is this a good get? Any other games worth checking out for it?

KoopinKrackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

$10 with a game? I would absolutely grab that! Neo Geo Pocket Color is a great handheld in my opinion. I enjoy Biomotor Unitron, Neo Turf Masters and also has a really good port of Sonic.

yareel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad you were able to pick up one of the fun little consoles. I just got a Neo Geo Pocket Black and White on ebay and installed a backlight on it because I enjoy it so much and would like to play in lower lighting conditions. Game wise you can scour ebay and get some good deals. Both Metal Slugs are fantastic. I adore Samurai Shodown 2. SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium is one of the best hand held fighters ever, but it is probably pretty pricey now. SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters is a lot of fun as well and can be purchased for cheap on ebay. Last Blade is a great fighter as well, but still pretty pricey. There is a modder that has made a SD card cartridge for the NGPC, and is selling them for 70 pounds, but he has a email queue of about 700 people, so he might not get to you in a while. Like KoopinKrackerz said, Neo Turf Masters and Biomotor Unitorn are a lot of fun. If you want to try any of the games out, you can emulate them and see which ones are up your alley, just know that playing them on the actually system is 100 times better then playing them on an emulator. Hope you this helps.

Radish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

NGPC was the best portable gaming console up until the Gameboy Advance SP was released. It's an amazing little device. Grab both SNK vs Capcom Cardfighters and Match of the Millennium.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LeStephan

All fighting games on it are pretty rad imo. that clicky dpad thingy is THE BEST.

And I also recommend Cool Cool jam, a pretty cute rythm game which makes you hold the handheld in different ways for different instruments. I got it for like 12 bucks good as new on ebay 1 or 2 years back. Its a silly good time. And unique to the system.

SimplyFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow great deal! I had been scouting on eBay for a while and finally went in one because it included a cart that came in a flash!

I'm looking forward to trying the SNK Cardfighers Clash games, Faselei! and the Ogre Battle game.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I decided to jump on this train too and got card fighters, King of Fighters R2, and puzzle Bobble along with a flash cart for some of the more expensive games.

It seemed like some of us missed the right time cause it seemed like a few years ago games were dirt cheap but now with the collecting boom even this is getting up there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.