How rare are Neo Geo arcade machines?

#1 Posted by sawfish22 (252 posts) -

I'm asking this because I was browsing Craigslist for arcade machines (I felt inspired after this week's Bombcast) and I found a full-size Neo Geo arcade machine for Samurai Showdown with a 25" monitor for $350.  I don't know too much about this area of arcade collecting, but it seems like a rediculously good deal to me.  Any thoughts? 

Link:   http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/1852043092.html    

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14795 posts) -

I'm no expert by any means, but it seems like an alright deal at least. I too was looking on craigs list for arcade cabinets.  :P  It was too exciting listening to Ryan's bargaining stories. 

Oh and, this is totally almost relevant: 

#3 Posted by Gearhead (2377 posts) -

Shit, Samurai Showdown? Get that. 

#4 Posted by sawfish22 (252 posts) -
@Gearhead:
I might have to JUST for Jeff.  Too bad I'm poor...errr.  Student loans :(
#5 Posted by august (3904 posts) -

That phone is in case of emergency.
#6 Posted by sawfish22 (252 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: 

Where did that picture come from?
#7 Posted by agentboolen (1928 posts) -

I guess its cheap for a arcade machine but I still feel like its a waste of money.  There are other ways of playing Samarai Showdown and having a arcade cabinet isn't really that big of a deal for me.  But yea if its your thing totally go for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.