Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

Nintendo's "New 3DS" adds some additional control functionality and horsepower, allowing for some games that can only run on the new hardware, not on Nintendo's original 3DS.

Does importing a 3DS within format (PAL) have any issues?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

I was planning to pick up a "New Nintendo 3DS XL" to replace my older, well work 3DS. Since its about £180/£190 in the UK I looked around and Amazon France will sell me one for £150 with expedited shipping. Does anyone know if this is exactly the same system? Can I just change it to UK/English, log into my Nintendo ID (and system transfer) then get playing or do I have any other hurdles to get over?

Hopefully someone knows, thanks!

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

EU 3DS' are all the same and have been for a while ever since Nintendo did the dick move of removing the power adapters. You just pick English on startup.

I ordered one from Amazon France myself. A regular 3DS though as I'm a sucker for those face buttons.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

It's the same. Make sure you DO NOT log in with your nintendo ID on the new system before doing a transfer. You will screw yourself.

My majoras mask edition 3DS is going to arrive tomorrow, and I ordered from the Nintendo Store. 2 days early.

Edit: Here is an interactive guide for upgrading from a 3DS to the new 3DS for the system transfer so that you don't mess anything up.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qe_sEUuQEehuceduWfnMUnPeGFcbKw0MINsSHg6XNRQ/viewform?edit_requested=true&fbzx=-8894199349507326307

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thanks for the help guys. I ordered a system last night so Im hoping for good shipping.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.