Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

Nintendo's "New 3DS" adds some additional control functionality and horsepower, allowing for some games that can only run on the new hardware, not on Nintendo's original 3DS.

Some extra data is corrupted since transferring. Help.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Staying on the phone with Nintendo is absolutely my last resort so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I got the New 3DS right on launch in february and went through with the transfer from my original small 3DS.

However....just a week or two ago when the Mewtwo DLC for Smash bros came out, I attempted to obtain it from the game app itself and the game won't even start because it says it has a problem with the SD card. can't even play the game. I try to boot up fire emblem awakening...says the extra data is corrupted but it lets me play. I try to start Etrian Odyssey Untold....game gives me an error every time at the menu. I try to play Persona Q. It works.......but all my map data is gone. I take a look at the extra data on the SD card.....I see a bunch of slots with question marks in them. It's gotta be those games with the corrupted extra data.

I went months not knowing about this corrupted stuff on my sd card. It had to have been after the transfer because I can't think of anything else that could have done it. I can't delete those question mark slots for extra data. It simply says it cannot be deleted.....does anyone have any idea what I can do to either get rid of this stuff or recover it somehow? any help is appreciated

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Quantris

You could try some recovery software ("Recuva" is a free one). Assuming you have an adapter to plug SD cards into your PC. Probably the first thing to do is to copy the current SD card onto a new one.

I haven't ever done that for 3DS but I don't think it would use a proprietary format or anything (I'm pretty sure I've heard that people just use a PC to copy files over when upgrading to a bigger card, for example). I did have success using recovery software like that recovering corrupted PS3 save files from a USB stick (during move from phat to slim).

EDIT: Good luck!

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quantris: Thank you, I'll try everything you said

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.