Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 28, 2012

The New Super Mario series continues on the 3DS in this new installment, which puts the focus on collecting as many coins as possible.

Why don't I have a Shop button in the Coin Rush menu?

Jollus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jollus

I was wanting to download the free DLC that is available for Coin Rush, and I can't find the stupid shop button. Does the shop unlock after you complete a certain number of coin rush games or something? I got the game from the eShop.

This is driving me crazy. Is there some sort of game update that need to be installed maybe?

Jollus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jollus

I may have answered my own question.

Switched up my Google search terms and found this:

"To access the New Super Mario Bros. 2 Shop, it must first be activated by a SpotPass notification. This will cause a Shop button to appear on the title screen. Notifications may not arrive immediately if it's been awhile since you last played."

WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT!

The reason it wasn't working for me is that I hadn't relaunched the game since getting the SpotPass notification.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JCGamer

You also have to have passed the first world to open up the coin rush mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.