Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

360 version?

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

I couldn't find the answer on the web and I don't know enough about Level 5 Inc, to know if they would do a port. I see they have been doing Sony / Nintendo development only pretty much. There's not a lot on them here on the site, which makes me sad.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Questionable

yup, there are currently no plans for a 360 version.

On the positive side, it will probably receive huge sales and that's the best incentive to port over a game as there will ever be.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

@Questionable said:

On the positive side, it will probably receive huge sales and that's the best incentive to port over a game as there will ever be.

God I hope so, this trailer makes me want to find my copy of My Neighbor Totoro and watch it right away!

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Questionable said:

You're wrong and you're right. The PS3 game sold pretty poorly in Japan, and Level 5 are banking on a good international release to see whether to release a sequel or not. It's not inconceivable that they'd go multiplat if they were desperate for some numbers from the US/UK market. 
    zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zonikjj

360 version? That's wishful thinking.

I don't even think Level 5 has done any work for the Xbox 360 in the past anyway.

Generiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Generiko

Level 5 and Microsoft have a bad relationship after that MMO they were doing on the og Xbox. I wouldn't expect it

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@UnlivedPhalanx:

If you haven't seen My Neighbor Totoro I advise that you do it's a great film and an even better introduction to studio Ghibli films.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cincaid

All I want is Dark Cloud 3 released for both the Playstation and Xbox.

Of course that'll never fucking happen, which bums me out. That's the single game that would get me to finally buy a Playstation (if it was an exclusive).

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zonikjj

@Generiko said:

Level 5 and Microsoft have a bad relationship after that MMO they were doing on the og Xbox. I wouldn't expect it

What MMO?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Pepsiman

@ZOnikJJ said:

@Generiko said:

What MMO?

True Fantasy Live Online. We have a very bare-bones wiki page on it here on Giant Bomb, actually, but I imagine you're probably better served with some video footage of it. The reason behind its cancellation is pretty widely believed to be related to corporate politics on Microsoft's end and since the project started in the really early days of Microsoft trying to court Japanese development talent, it's not surprising that trouble arose, especially for a game being developed on an online platform that Microsoft likes to control as much as possible. I hadn't even considered that it might be a reason why there is no 360 version of Ni no Kuni, but it sounds like they got burned pretty badly by the experience, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it had something to do with that. It also probably doesn't hurt that Sony provided some marketing support and console bundles for the game in Japan, though.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Enigma777

@Pepsiman said:

@ZOnikJJ said:

@Generiko said:

What MMO?

True Fantasy Live Online. We have a very bare-bones wiki page on it here on Giant Bomb, actually, but I imagine you're probably better served with some video footage of it. The reason behind its cancellation is pretty widely believed to be related to corporate politics on Microsoft's end and since the project started in the really early days of Microsoft trying to court Japanese development talent, it's not surprising that trouble arose, especially for a game being developed on an online platform that Microsoft likes to control as much as possible. I hadn't even considered that it might be a reason why there is no 360 version of Ni no Kuni, but it sounds like they got burned pretty badly by the experience, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it had something to do with that. It also probably doesn't hurt that Sony provided some marketing support and console bundles for the game in Japan, though.

I wonder how much of TFLO became Dragon Quest IX...

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By supamon

I would definitely play this if it came to the Xbox. Pity it most likely won't.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Phatmac

Seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened before.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

@Phatmac said:

Seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened before.

Thanks true, in a world where Duke Nukem Forever came out and sold for $60.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rethla

If so it will be a 3 disc game

loyalroyal1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By loyalroyal1989

I would like to see this game on something other than the ps3 as people have said that it is unlikely to be on xbox due to falling out of level 5 and Microsoft. Maybe they could port it to the Wiiu.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.