Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 17, 2011

A role-playing game developed by Level-5 and animated sequences produced by Studio Ghibli Inc.

How Hard is the Platinum/Who is Going For It?

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Just thought I would see how fellow Giantbombers are doing on this platinum as I am fairly close to my goal of getting it. At first I thought I wouldn't get the plat because of the alchemy trophy because I thought you had to do all of them. But know that I know you only need to do 120/130 I am more determined to try. Without the previously helpful trophy tracking on Giantbomb I was wondering how people feel about this trophy. How long did it take people? Do they hate the game now (lol trophy hunting) or do they feel accomplished.

Oh and just as a note in case anyone is wondering I am down to my last two trophies in the game. Getting 250 familiars (at 178) and completing 120 alchemy recipes (think around 60% done that). Am around 65 hours in and everything else is done. Currently collecting items from area around Perdida (gustplumes, iron diamonds etc.) and stealing bubble pipes on Nazcaa. Anyone else in the same boat? or has everyone given up on this platinum? Interested to hear progress.

(Also this game was real fun)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This

For frame of reference Star Ocean 4 is 10/10, Final Fantasy XIII is 7/10, so Ni No Kuni being 4/10 means its pretty easy just time consuming, like any other Level 5 game.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I think I was 3 or 4 trophies away from platinum when I gave up. There's a crafting one where you have to hunt for ingredients. It's all extremely rare drops from monsters that rarely spawn. There's a trick to it but my guess is that it would still take you upwards of 5 hours of constant grinding to do it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

Its really easy the two trophies that will make or break you are capturing 250 familiars and making 120 unique alchemy items that is 90% of the alchemy items for easier refference. The alchemy stuff is only hard because some of the final items all use 5+ each of at least one of a set of rare ingredients that are hard to come by.

I'm at 100+ hours so far and I'm sitting at 85% on alchemy and around 183 monsters then again I might be going about this in an awfully bad way so who knows.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@coinmatze said:

I think I was 3 or 4 trophies away from platinum when I gave up. There's a crafting one where you have to hunt for ingredients. It's all extremely rare drops from monsters that rarely spawn. There's a trick to it but my guess is that it would still take you upwards of 5 hours of constant grinding to do it.

I also gave up here, some people were reporting 15-20 hours. If I found the combat to be a little more fun I might've tried.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not that hard at all just a bit of a time sinc depending on how quick or fast you beat the game. I will get it soon but i kinda have a killer backlog so i may knock out a game or two before i clean up the rest of the trophies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.