Does knowing a piece of info ruin the experience?

#1 Posted by dpedal1 (191 posts) -

For those who have played this and enjoyed it

I know that Nier sacrifices himself but this game is only 15 bucks right now and I am really interested in the cult following it has garnered. Does knowing that tidbit of info ruin the experience?

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6956 posts) -

Personally, I think there is a lot more to this game then just that. I bought it for 25$ and it was well worth it. I would defiantly recommend it for 15$.

#3 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1052 posts) -

not really. There are more things to experience then just that one (probably predictable) piece of info.

#4 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

No. Play the game. And then play it again.

#5 Edited by Outrack (14 posts) -

Don't worry OP, the game has multiple endings and what's mentioned only occurs in one of them. Hope you enjoy it.

#6 Posted by EXTomar (4623 posts) -

Neir is one of those games that is so exotic that it demands to be played even if you know all of the endings.

#7 Posted by Sterling (2135 posts) -

You also have to experience the fishing and farming. That is worth $15 alone.

#8 Posted by BlackLagoon (1403 posts) -

Practically half the cast heroically sacrifice themselves :P during every boss battle anyway, so that info is just slightly more spoilery than knowing that Nier hits things with his sword.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14711 posts) -

To borrow a entirely cliched phrase.... Its not the destination its the journey that matters.

#10 Posted by Karkarov (3054 posts) -

Yeah it has multiple endings and lots of things going on, knowing that one bit of info that is only going to happen in one ending is not a concern. Buy the game.

#11 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Get it! One of my favs of all tome (see avatar)

#12 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@dpedal1: Doesn't matter, that's not the key element. Play it, and play all endings (there are four, although the last one isn't mandatory), you will love the experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.