For $20, I think it's time to finally buy this game.

#1 Posted by TekZero (2691 posts) -

I know about it's infamous difficulty.  But what I'm worried about is it's camera.  Just how bad is it?

I know for just $20, I shouldn't care...Hell I bought Too Human for more than that.

#2 Posted by pweidman (2364 posts) -

The camera's not game crippling by any means(but an issue w/cheap deaths many times), and the animations are a treat and the highlight of the game  imo.  The prob is not the diff imo, it's just the tedious nature of the gameplay.  It just is repetitive and very cheap in terms of replay and deaths.  If you love a challenge and action,  it's good,  just not really fun in a casual  sense I guess.  I beat the level 2 boss(supposed to be one of the hardest) after several trys but it's just hard to stick with it because of the trial and error style of gameplay(haven't got back into it since).  Too many other fun games to play for me to stick w/it.  Props to those who can deal w/the grindy nature of this game. .  Seems like a game for a badge of determination, not so much pure fun....more tedious and one for checking yur determination level to beat and conquer.  There's worth in that for some for sure, that I respect.

#3 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

I got it when it first came out, since I was a huge fan of NG:B and I was a little disapointed. It was difficult to the point of being frustating and sometimes not fun. I beat it and then never touched it again. I personally think that the camera wants you dead (if I remember right).
It's still a good game if you can put up with the difficulty.

#4 Edited by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

yeah the camera does make it difficult  during battles with other enemies too many times iv been a victim of cheap shots from behind attacks. for that reason i stop playing that game because it just frustrated me to the point that i traded in that game and never beat it.

#5 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

I'm waiting to see how the PS3 version (Sigma) fares. 

They're supposed to be fixing-up things, as well as adding-in more content/enemies/bosses/weapons, Ayane + Momiji as Playable Characters, and Online Co-Op.

#6 Posted by Hedge (28 posts) -

I love this game. You could find $20 in between the cushions of your couch.

#7 Edited by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

You should buy it. I played Ninja Gaiden 2 at a friends house and loved it. The camera isn't that bad and it is worth $20.

#8 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@Wolverine said:
" You should buy it. I played Infamous at a friends house and loved it. The camera isn't that bad and it is worth $20. "
He means Infamous in the meaning of the "word" not the game.

Still, that comment made me laugh.
#9 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

It is a 3D Japanese action game, so there you go.

#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, it's a great game. I'd like to go back and finish it but I'm kind of stuck at a hard part.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

For $20, it's a great buy.

#12 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Keeping in mind that I beat it on the hardest difficulty in the first 2 weeks it was out, I had no problem with the camera.  It takes getting used to though.

#13 Posted by ryden14 (8 posts) -

i just rebought again for 20 and its worth it. You have to learn how to play to stop dying but at times there are projectile spams. The camera is fine for 85% of the time. p.s. I would buy the mission pack its excellent and helps you to become familiar with the enemies

#14 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

The camera becomes game breaking at a boss halfway through the game.  The camera for the final boss is quite possibly the worst camera position ever created.

#15 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

This game is hard enough as it is, then on top of that it's buggy as crap. So you run into bugs and you think it's just cause the game is hard but then you end up getting stuck in a fucking gate trying to shoot dragons with your bow and they aren't spawning so the gate never opens so you're trying to shoot dragons through the walls and you end up having to reset your game and start the whole fucking level over again. *Run-on sentence.

#16 Posted by ryden14 (8 posts) -

everyone seems to complain about bugs but i havent run into any

#17 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

It's a good game but I stopped playing it at one point where there were guys firing rockets at me from off screen.

#18 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I really don't think this game is worth $20.   It's difficulty comes more from cheap encounters than it actually being difficult. 

#19 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

as soon as you get above the normal difficulty it just starts becoming ridiculously cheap and broken

but the normal difficulty isn't that bad. there are reasonable checkpoints also

#20 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

if you have a ps3, wait. 

#21 Posted by C2C (861 posts) -

The camera was a real deal  breaker for me.  I don't think its worth the $20 because of the camera, though if you can stomach the camera and the difficulty i'm sure it's an aright game.

#22 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I'm waiting for the PS3 version.  I hope they fix up stuff like the camera.  I really want to play as Ayane and the new black haired girl too.

#23 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -
@TekZero said:
"

I know about it's infamous difficulty.  But what I'm worried about is it's camera.  Just how bad is it?

I know for just $20, I shouldn't care...Hell I bought Too Human for more than that.

"
the camera is meh and once or twice you'll be screaming at the camera for lookin at the wall rather than focusing on the fight but other than that the game is an awesome buy and is worth every cent of that $20
#24 Posted by TekZero (2691 posts) -

I dropped the $20 on the game and I am not regretting it at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.