Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ninja Gaiden II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 03, 2008

The sequel to Ninja Gaiden; A high-difficulty, ninja-themed, hack-and-slash title.

You spin me round, round...

Newres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Newres

Today, motivated by the bad weather and a craving for action games, I started playing Ninja Gaiden II. I really liked the previous one on the Xbox, and even though the reviews have mentioned the bad camera, I bought it in a "budget-game shopping spree".

I have honestly have no idea how the developers could view that camera even as adequate. I usually have a high tolerance for the camera shenanigans in games: I did not have trouble with it in Too Human and even in the Sonic Adventure/Unleashed games I could accept it with gnashed teeth. But seriously here i honestly believe the camera is actively trying to piss the player off. Even with a single enemy/boss it starts spinning around, especially in closed environments and/or near walls.

Maybe I missing something here and there is a special "fix the camera" button, but even than this is more ridiculous than the games story. I loved that while the NInja Gaiden ! was hard, it was usually fair. If you screwed up it was most likely your fault. Here there should be a "Wrestling with the Camera" achievement if you could put up with it for more than 10 minutes.

Newres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Newres

Today, motivated by the bad weather and a craving for action games, I started playing Ninja Gaiden II. I really liked the previous one on the Xbox, and even though the reviews have mentioned the bad camera, I bought it in a "budget-game shopping spree".

I have honestly have no idea how the developers could view that camera even as adequate. I usually have a high tolerance for the camera shenanigans in games: I did not have trouble with it in Too Human and even in the Sonic Adventure/Unleashed games I could accept it with gnashed teeth. But seriously here i honestly believe the camera is actively trying to piss the player off. Even with a single enemy/boss it starts spinning around, especially in closed environments and/or near walls.

Maybe I missing something here and there is a special "fix the camera" button, but even than this is more ridiculous than the games story. I loved that while the NInja Gaiden ! was hard, it was usually fair. If you screwed up it was most likely your fault. Here there should be a "Wrestling with the Camera" achievement if you could put up with it for more than 10 minutes.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

The only thing that song brings to my mind is meatspin.  

Anyway, have fun with the camera.

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ProjektGill

It didn't give me as much trouble as you seem to be having but then again I only played it for a week or so before selling it for Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

Camera in these styles of games are always bad. I thought it was much better then the first game n the camera.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.