Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

3ds price in Canada.

pieman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pieman32

I know the price is 250 bones in the states now, but what about Canada tho. Is the price going to be a little higher, because the Canadian dollar is just about the same as American now. Help me out guys.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By RockyRaccoon37

The Canadian and US prices are probably the same-- I don't think it's ever been any different with other console launches.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @RockyRaccoon37 said:
    " The Canadian and US prices are probably the same-- I don't think it's ever been any different with other console launches. "
    Hm, I'm not sure about that, now that I think about it. I know we always get fucked over for game prices, but I can't recall if the console/handheld prices have differed...
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Couldn't you just drive down to the US and buy it there if it were cheaper? Or have they tightened up the border recently? 

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By donutfever
    @FluxWaveZ: I don't think so.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " Couldn't you just drive down to the US and buy it there if it were cheaper? Or have they tightened up the border recently?  "
    I'm certain not everyone has the opportunity to do that, especially me and especially since there are most likely going to be shortages so many people will rely on pre-orders to get one.
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SuperWristBands

If it costs more it'll probably only be about $10... I hope. Whateves, I'm not buying it until the re-design anyway. I'll envy all y'all playin' those Capcom games while I have to wait though.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Confirmation: Canada Gamestop has tweeted (Twittered or whatever the hell) that the price in Canada (at least for EB Games/Gamestop) will be $249.99. Glad we're not getting screwed over.

Tuksit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tuksit

The wii launched at $279.99 in Canada if I recall correctly. Exchang rates were different then though.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Driadon
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " Confirmation: Canada Gamestop has tweeted (Twittered or whatever the hell) that the price in Canada (at least for EB Games/Gamestop) will be $249.99. Glad we're not getting screwed over. "
    This is great news! I actually might be able to afford one!
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xyzygy

As far back as I can remember the actual consoles were always the same price as the states, but games are usually 10 dollars more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.