Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Are there 3DS prepaid cards in the wild yet?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

I've been looking around the internet and I'm reading conflicting reports about the availability of these cards for the eshop up here in Canada. Some people say they have seen them in stores like Best Buy and others have said retailers don't expect to get them until next year. I went to couple stores and they either said they didn't have any, and never did, or to try a Wii points card even though I know that won't work... So any Giant Bomb users see or use these cards? I just got that damn system and want to download a couple games.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

i swear i saw one at my local EB games but that might have been for DSiware. i hope these are around because i really want to try that cool block puzzle game on the eShop 

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

@AjayRaz: Me too.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I know they are out in America, but not sure about Canada. Try some Google searching and see what you find. They have to be out in Canada right? The eShop came out during the Summer so that's plenty of time to start getting the cards.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1
    @JJOR64 I looked around the interwebzzz and all I found were conflicting answers about the status of these cards in Canada. I hear Europe has been having problems with availability as well.
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Crono11

I work in a WalMart in Canada and we have them here.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1
    @Crono11 Mind if I ask what Walmart location you work at? I bought my 3DS at Walmart yesterday and they didn't have any.
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Crono11
    @msavo I work at the one in sarnia Ontario. If you're in the area stop by.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.