Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Like Picross? and want Picross E/E2 in NA? tell Nintendo

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

My original title was "If you enjoyed any of the previous Picross games and would like Picross E/E2 to come stateside please email Nintendo and tell them (Link inside and sample text)" I didnt now about that highly restrictive character limit. I don't use the forums much but I figured why not try!

I posted this over on /r/3ds and the general discussion here, but I think it could do just a much if not more here. I find it baffling that Picross E isn't here, I hope you do too. I know some of a dear leaders (Jeff and Patrick) are connoisseurs of the art that is Picross. My hope is if more people than just me send them emails they might understand we want it. Nintendo is notorious for not listening to fans but it can't hurt. Also if you are on a board somewhere that could care try and mobilize them.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

Hello, I enjoyed the Picross games that came out on the DS and would really like to play more of them on my 3DS. I know Picross E is done and localized and I was wondering if there are any plans to release it in North America.

Or something like this, I just want more Picross....... I've emailed them multiple times and get a boiler plate we aren't talking about x product thing.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

You guys don't have Picross E/E2?

I don't even understand why they wouldn't release the games in the US, surely with any localisation already having been done there's very little risk involved in releasing them on the eshop. Why is NoA prone to weird shit like this?

Baffling indeed.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

I just recently purchased Picross e2 which was my first Picross game and let me tell you: as far as daily commutes go, to me there's life before Picross and life after Picross.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PurpleSpandex

@meatball: I don't understand it either, they keep releasing 3D remakes and ports but wont give us original content. I've appealed to Patrick, Jeff, and Alex to talk about it on the site, in an attempt to get people talking about it.

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PurpleSpandex

UPDATE: Here is the response I received

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us again regarding your desire to see a Picross title for Nintendo 3DS systems. We understand that our fans are passionate about the games they enjoy and are eager to share that information with us. I can also appreciate your desire to get other fans involved with this and show their support for localization of Picross software released elsewhere.

With that in mind, I need to let you know that Nintendo typically does not respond to or take into consideration game petitions or write-in campaigns when planning future releases. While you may not know this, there are a variety of reasons that influence what games and products may be localized for our region.

The best way to let us know the types of games you would like to see from us is through the software that you purchase, as well as the post-play surveys we offer via Club Nintendo (https://club.nintendo.com/

). These surveys give you an opportunity to share (in your own words) what influenced you to purchase specific products.

If you're not currently a member of Club Nintendo, please check out our website for more details. If you are a member, then I would encourage you to respond to each and every survey that we offer.

Again, while we're certainly happy to document your strong feelings regarding Picross, I hope that you understand our position on this matter. I can only encourage you to continue checking our website's What's New section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew

) for updates on expected Nintendo 3DS releases.

Sincerely,

Karen Johnson

Nintendo of America Inc.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By abendlaender

Wait, Picross E/E2 is not out in the US?
    That's weird, why would they put it out in Europe but not in the US? It's probably because you americans are too stupid and only us clever europeans can appreciate the game.

And because this is the internet: No, I'm 100% not serious

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abendlaender: Duder we have Picross games released here, on the 3DS even. As you can see in the letter above we didn't meet some bullshit criteria and the emails from fans don't mean anything to them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.