Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Monster hunter 3ds XL bundle

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've decided to trade up my 3ds for this bundle and it apparently has the game on the sd card and I'm wondering if there are any issues transferring it to a bigger sd card or anything like that?

I feel like i'm asking a silly question since swapping out sd cards and transferring data is meant to be fine.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cmblasko

Where/when is this bundle being sold?

Edit: Just saw that the bundle is Europe only. Unfortunate for me, since it would be ideal for my needs.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

@scroll: You can copy files from one card to another just fine, only your eShop account is attached to the 3DS itself. Make sure to copy everything though, otherwise it might not recognise it belongs to your account.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I don't think I've bought anything on the e shop on my current 3ds so that's fine. I remember when the XL was launched a few shops allowed for a full system transfer but since I don't own any e shop games it doesn't really matter.

@cmblasko: Yeah sorry for the confusion, It's black as well which is nice.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@scroll: That pre installed game is still attached to that specific 3DS XL console though.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scroll

@benny: Well my only problem with the bundle is the limited capacity of the SD card so I'm going to swap it out for a 64 gig one.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

It's a 4GB card that you get with it and appaz Monster Hunter takes up around 1.8GB, so you might be ok for a while anyway. Would like to hear how you get on though as I'm receiving the exact same bundle from Amazon tomorrow.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By scroll

I probably don't need 32 gigs of space but I want that much space anyway. I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on a new games such as 999/vlr and now I've ended up spending far more than I probably should have.

Oh and I can redownload Monster hunter if I lose the data on the sd card right? It'd be crazy other wise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.