Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

The Nintendo 3DS is a portable game console produced by Nintendo. The handheld features stereoscopic 3D technology that doesn't require glasses. It was released in Japan on February 26, 2011 and in North America on March 27, 2011.

Some GameStops/EBGames may be unable to fulfill all 3DS preorders

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

So I just read this on GoNintendo and I thought I would share with my fellow GB members for those of you that preordered a 3DS from GameStop or EB Games like I did.  Here is the full post:

Here comes a nasty rumor about 3DS preorders that might make you cringe a bit. We're hearing that some GameStop locations may not be able to fulfill all of their preorders on the 3DS. It seems that a second shipment of the 3DS is due to come in next Friday, and hopefully that will be able to take care of those that don't get their systems on day one. Certainly makes you wonder what a preorder is worth, doesn't it?

If you're worried about missing out on day one, you might want to call up your local GameStop right now. See if your preorder secures you a unit on day one, or if there are going to be shipment issues. If that's the case, let's hope preorders are filled by the order in which they came, and not a first come/first serve basis.

UPDATE - A number of you have emailed in to let me know that your local GameStops have confirmed that there are some shortage issues, but luckily all those that have called in aren't in areas that will see shortages.

UPDATE 2 - Again, we want to stress that this is a situation, but it seems to be impacting a small number of stores. The main issues seem to be stemming from Georgia. The best idea is to call up your GameStop location if you're worried. Hopefully they'll know nothing of the issue, and report that all is well!

If anything changes, please post in this thread and I will try to keep this post updated.

Original Source: NeoGAF

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

This is how it always is. 

Every time.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#3  Edited By Soap

Once again Gamestop fail at doing the one thing they are supposed to be able to do. 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That defeats the purpose of pre-ordering. Doesn't surprise me though, seems exactly like something GameStop would do. Just another reason why I don't buy anything there. 

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Soap said:
    " Once again Gamestop fail at doing the one thing they are supposed to be able to do.  "
    It only effects a small number of stores and how is it their fault they aer not getting the shipments they are promissed
    HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By HadesTimes

Perhaps if this happens enough, people will FINALLY stop supporting Gamestop. 

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By RE_Player1

Unless Gamestop is your only option you should never go there. I've pre-ordered once from them and they didn't get the pre-order bonuses in and when I look at their stock, at least in Canada, it is severely overpriced.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.