Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

A Topsy Turvy Life - Tecmo Makes You Invert Your DSi's

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Tecmo Koei Europe have confirmed they are bringing their DSiWare range "A Topsy Turvy Life" to the West. The range of games will bring a fresh perspective to many genre's by simply using the Touch Screen at the top, instead of the bottom as you would usually use the Nintendo DSi.  

Tecmo will launch the first two titles in its A Topsy Turvy Life range this Spring:  

A Topsy Turvy Life: The Turvys Strikes Back  

Conquer the Galaxy...standing on your head. The evil Earth men are trying to save their pathetic planet from conquer. Turn your Nintendo DSi upside-down and send in waves of Imperial Armada forces to wipe out the human hero. Nothing is as it seems in this galaxy. It is scrolling shooting as you have never experienced before; from the other side of the battle!  

A Topsy Turvy Life: Turvy Drops  

A block-filling game with the difference; you control which blocks appear. Turn your Nintendo DSi upside-down, and draw blocks as quick as you can to fill the gaps below. See a gap, draw the shape you think fits its best. A steady hand, an eye for detail, and a Nintendo DSi in reverse are all that stand in your way. Featuring an additional Puzzle Mode with thirty mind-bending puzzles, Turvy Drops is guaranteed to turn your brain topsy-turvy.  

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

Is there any real point to turning the system upside down, or this just a gimmick?   Any idea if the games are any good LS?

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jonnyboy

I'm not flipping my DS upside down, I'll import a copy from Australia.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said: 

" Is there any real point to turning the system upside down, or this just a gimmick?   Any idea if the games are any good LS? "

I have no answer to both queries I'm afraid, but I will look into it. A couple of western based reviewers on Youtube may provide some answers.  

I could ask a member here also, he's just become a Tecmo Koei Europe representative.    
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @jonnyboy said:
    " I'm not flipping my DS upside down, I'll import a copy from Australia. "
    Oh......... haha  :-) 

You do realise that everyone has been looking at pictures of the globe from the wrong angle right?  We are actually on top.  In Tasmania,  I am even more on top  :/
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jonnyboy

I only make fun cos I'm jealous, on the league table of hot girls on awesome beaches you're on top too. Git.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By cjmabry
    @oldschool said:

" Is there any real point to turning the system upside down, or this just a gimmick?   Any idea if the games are any good LS? "

You have to draw on the top screen, so you sort of  have to flip it over. Unless you want things falling up. And that would freak me out. 

As for the second game, idk. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.