Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Brownie Brown Bring "Kappa Michi" to DSiWare

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    Brownie Brown of Mother 3 fame, are bringing action/puzzler "Kappa Michi" to Nintendo's DSiWare service in Japan, priced at 500 DSi Points.  

Videos available on official site: 
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsiware/kpaj/about.html   

In Kappa Michi, you act as a guide to Kappa, a big-headed bird-like creature who does his best to follow the paths you draw with the stylus. (the word "michi" is Japanese for "road)" Your goal is to lead Kappa to a goal, avoiding traps and obstacles along the way.  As you move Kappa through the levels, you'll find baby Kappas who need to be rescued. You'll also find yourself being pursued by what looks like a giant hand which emerges from a blue flame. Get trapped by this, and the game ends. The game also features a few mini games and collectables that include bromides and music. The collectables can be purchased with coins that you gather in the main game. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

Looks cute enough, but apart from Dragon Quest Wars, I am still waiting for a DSiWare game that will cause me to go out and buy some points.  Puzzle games seem to make up the bilk of what is on offer and I am not excited by that.  Still, if it plays well and looks fun if translated, who knows, it has good pedigree.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Godwind
    @oldschool: 

On the North American side, everything is a plus.  I already have a bunch of kickass games. There are also some other games I am waiting on to get.
     Art Academy: First Semester
    Art Academy: Second Semester
    Ghostwire (Yet to be released)
    Mecho Wars (Yet to be released)
    Reflection (Yet to be released)
    Shantae: Risky's Revenge(Yet to be released)
    Thorium Wars
    MyNoteBook
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Well it's no mario clock...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said:
    " Looks cute enough, but apart from Dragon Quest Wars, I am still waiting for a DSiWare game that will cause me to go out and buy some points.  Puzzle games seem to make up the bilk of what is on offer and I am not excited by that.  Still, if it plays well and looks fun if translated, who knows, it has good pedigree. "

I hope they have a few games to show in the new year in addition to this, the service is well due more quality.  I'm personally looking forward to Shantae and Reflection.

I do like the look of this..but then I am a sucker for Brownie Brown's art. 
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Godwind
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " Looks cute enough, but apart from Dragon Quest Wars, I am still waiting for a DSiWare game that will cause me to go out and buy some points.  Puzzle games seem to make up the bilk of what is on offer and I am not excited by that.  Still, if it plays well and looks fun if translated, who knows, it has good pedigree. "
    I hope they have a few games to show in the new year in addition to this, the service is well due more quality.  I'm personally looking forward to Shantae and Reflection. I do like the look of this..but then I am a sucker for Brownie Brown's art.  "

The quality of the DSi is far better than what Wiiware has been turning out to be.  You have to admit to that much.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool
    @Godwind said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:
    I hope they have a few games to show in the new year in addition to this, the service is well due more quality.  I'm personally looking forward to Shantae and Reflection. I do like the look of this..but then I am a sucker for Brownie Brown's art.  "
     The quality of the DSi is far better than what Wiiware has been turning out to be.  You have to admit to that much. "
    I don't go online, so I haven't played a Wiiware game, but I do know that only a handful at best interest me - Final Fantasy and Lost Winds, maybe Nyxquest and that is about it.  Mind you, nothing on XBL interests me either as I haven't even considered downloading anything.  Considering I have 2 DSiWare games, I am already doing more than any download game system I have had so far.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

I would really like to see these Japan only games that have that unique "Japanese touch" to them being released here in the west. But why am I complaining? We're lucky enough to have the Katamari franchise.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Godwind
    @oldschool said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:
     The quality of the DSi is far better than what Wiiware has been turning out to be.  You have to admit to that much. "
    I don't go online, so I haven't played a Wiiware game, but I do know that only a handful at best interest me - Final Fantasy and Lost Winds, maybe Nyxquest and that is about it.  Mind you, nothing on XBL interests me either as I haven't even considered downloading anything.  Considering I have 2 DSiWare games, I am already doing more than any download game system I have had so far. "

That is a bit of a surprise.  Some of the better games on the Wii are Wiiware.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThomasP
    @oldschool said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:
    I don't go online, so I haven't played a Wiiware game, but I do know that only a handful at best interest me - Final Fantasy and Lost Winds, maybe Nyxquest and that is about it.  Mind you, nothing on XBL interests me either as I haven't even considered downloading anything.  Considering I have 2 DSiWare games, I am already doing more than any download game system I have had so far. "
    Do you have World of Goo on your PC? If not, I highly recommend it. Mega Man 9 is also a good injection of Ninstalgia.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @Godwind said:
    "That is a bit of a surprise.  Some of the better games on the Wii are Wiiware. "
    I can't go online, so it is an academic point.  I don't really go much for puzzle games and that makes up a good percentage of download games.  Most platformers do nothing for me as well. 

@ThomasP said:
    "Do you have World of Goo on your PC? If not, I highly recommend it. Mega Man 9 is also a good injection of Ninstalgia. "
    Is it a free download?  Otherwise, I really find myself not really caring much.  I have so many retail games to occupy me as it is.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said:
    " @Godwind said:
    "That is a bit of a surprise.  Some of the better games on the Wii are Wiiware. "
    I can't go online, so it is an academic point.  I don't really go much for puzzle games and that makes up a good percentage of download games.  Most platformers do nothing for me as well. 

@ThomasP said:
    "Do you have World of Goo on your PC? If not, I highly recommend it. Mega Man 9 is also a good injection of Ninstalgia. "
    Is it a free download?  Otherwise, I really find myself not really caring much.  I have so many retail games to occupy me as it is. "

You can download the demo free for the PC, and then imagine how much better it would be on Wii:  

http://2dboy.com/games.php

World of Goo - Independent Games Festival Winner '08
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @Godwind said:

@ThomasP said:
    Is it a free download?  Otherwise, I really find myself not really caring much.  I have so many retail games to occupy me as it is. "

You can download the demo free for the PC, and then imagine how much better it would be on Wii:  

http://2dboy.com/games.php World of Goo - Independent Games Festival Winner '08 "
    Cool, I noticed it had a Mac version.  I will tell you what I think after I try it.  One day if I get better internet, who knows what Wiiware games I will try  ^_^
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By AgentJ
    @oldschool: Try World of Goo. I've had my eye on it for months, and finally picked it up the other day. It filled up my Wii's memory (prompting me to buy a new memory card for it) but it is a lot of fun.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " @oldschool: Try World of Goo. I've had my eye on it for months, and finally picked it up the other day. It filled up my Wii's memory (prompting me to buy a new memory card for it) but it is a lot of fun. "
    I just downloaded it and it is stuck on the last part of the download, the "displaying the software licence agreement".  It is very annoying as it has been that way for 30 minutes and it can't be shut off.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @oldschool: Try World of Goo. I've had my eye on it for months, and finally picked it up the other day. It filled up my Wii's memory (prompting me to buy a new memory card for it) but it is a lot of fun. "
    I just downloaded it and it is stuck on the last part of the download, the "displaying the software licence agreement".  It is very annoying as it has been that way for 30 minutes and it can't be shut off. "

Probably the server your using is playing up.  I'm uploading the Mac version for you now, you should be able to get it faster with no issues.  *wait*
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    I just downloaded it and it is stuck on the last part of the download, the "displaying the software licence agreement".  It is very annoying as it has been that way for 30 minutes and it can't be shut off. "
     Probably the server your using is playing up.  I'm uploading the Mac version for you now, you should be able to get it faster with no issues.  *wait* "
    Nope, it's okay.  Problem solved.  Tried a little and it is very cute and endearing - LocoRoco type of cute.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks

O' cool, never mind :)

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By ThomasP

@oldschool: Glad you checked it out. I thought it might be something you'd like. I think it was Dalai's GOTY.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.