Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

DSi?

SpaceDandie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SpaceDandie

This may have already been a post before but I'm just curious. If I have a DS lite, is it really worth it to get the DSi? There seems to be a couple new functions but is there anything that will really blow me away?

Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Hangid

Well if you need or want a camera, music player (AAC files only), sound recorder and web browser all in one device, the DSi is for you. Although if you already have a device that does all that stuff, it won't blow you away. 

What may impress you is the DSi Shop, where you can download and purchase original gaming content and applications. For now, however, the DSi Shop content is still growing, so you may want to wait for that one "killer" game or multiple "killer" games. 

But the DSi is a better internet device than past DS systems. Its also useful if you've always wanted to quickly switch between DS games without having to turn the system on and off again. And the DSi menu is greatly improved over the boring and static main menu in the DS and DS lite. 
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

No.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

Nope. Not until the download service becomes viable. Gamestop is still giving $70 for a DS Lite trade towards the DSi I think, however. 

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By asurastrike
    @MrStool said:
    " This may have already been a post before but I'm just curious. If I have a DS lite, is it really worth it to get the DSi? There seems to be a couple new functions but is there anything that will really blow me away? "
    I don't own a DSi myself, but it doesn't seem worth upgrading to one from a Lite. It just adds a couple features my cell phone can already do better.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

No

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By unclejohn0525

I only got mine because I'm way into collecting, but I'm gonna say no if you're not into that sort of thing.

To the original poster, awesome avatar. Where's my Chippy?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By oldschool

It is not essential, but very attractive.  I am getting one next week, not because I really need it, but because I want it.  The extras will seem essential after I have it I am betting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.