Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Japanse DSi Firmware confirmed for the States

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

Naw, the firmware isn't for the states, its for japan. It should be coming to the west soon enough.  Anyways, onto real business.

It seems that Nintendo DSi owners in Japan have already started digitally receiving their copies of the newest firmware, v1.4. The refresh brings little more than the Facebook photo uploading we heard (very little) about back at E3 2009. How little more, you ask? The Nintendo Japan page also lists "faster image display speed in [the] DSi camera." That's it.

Nintendo announced during E3 that the functionality would be hitting American DSis "this fall." We've asked the company for a more firm release date in other territories and will update this post if we hear back. In the meantime, check out a quick walkthrough that our pal Ittousai from Engadget Japan put together for us, just after the break.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/30/dsi-firmware-v1-4-drops-in-japan-facebook-connectivity-arrives/

Avatar image for digyourowngrave
    Digyourowngrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Digyourowngrave

I don't want to wait til fall :( I don't know why things like this take so long, same with the Flipnote application.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Godwind
    @Digyourowngrave said:
    " I don't want to wait til fall :( I don't know why things like this take so long, same with the Flipnote application. "
    I want my flipnote application too.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Hey here is an idea before you release face book stuff for your DSi how about releasing some actual good DSiware games I dont think tetris is too much to ask for.....

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aeterna
    @Dizzyhippos:

Well, at least there's a handful of DSi-enhanced games now. Waiting on the Exclusive ones to start coming now...
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

I want Moving Memo, I'm getting pretty sick of waiting now..

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Godwind
    @Dizzyhippos said:
    " Hey here is an idea before you release face book stuff for your DSi how about releasing some actual good DSiware games I dont think tetris is too much to ask for..... "
    Picked up Mighty Flip Champs and it is awesome.
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @Godwind: I already own mighty flip champs but like every handheld I have ever bought I want a twitch based puzzle game and as much as I like art style aquia it is no tetris, I wouldnt even call it lumines
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By oldschool

Less than 4 weeks until I get a DSi :-)

Then I can join your club right?  You all sound cool  xD

I am looking forward to some online exploration.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.