Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Nintendo DS sets new sales record in Australia. I bought 4 :-)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    DS Breaks Australian Sales Record.

Nintendo DS has become the fastest console to sell two million units in Australia.

Combined DS, DS Lite and DSi sales hit the milestone in 221 weeks, according to data from market research firm GfK Retail and Technology.

Nintendo of Australia also noted that the DS has been the country's bestselling console for the last three years.

Last fiscal year Nintendo sold 31 million DS units, taking global lifetime sales beyond the 100 million mark.

For the record, the previous title holder was the PS2.  It seriously eclipsed the Xbox and Gamecube.

I know 2 million doesn't sound a lot to Europe and the USA, but Australia has a population of about 21 million.  I in 10 people is a good ratio and again, I helped with 4 of them (keep in mind that there are 4 people in my home, so the ratio is still the same).

At current sales rates, the Wii may actually overtake that record.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.