Recommend me some games!

#1 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I just got a DSi(finally I know) and I know some games that I'll be getting(Mario & Luigi games, any Nintendo game, Professor Layton) yet I could still use some more game recommendations. Give me a list of games that I should play for the DS. I'd love some obscure games that I'm forgetting about so please help me!

#2 Edited by Chaser324 (6648 posts) -
#3 Edited by Ben_H (3379 posts) -

All the Ace Attorney stuff. I'm playing through it all right now. It is amazing! 

Edit: It is not cheap though. Most of the games go for at least the original retail price still (like $40). Justice For All is harder to get from my experiences so it might cost more. It's worth it though.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
#5 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -
#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12086 posts) -

Ghost Trick.

Always be Ghost Tricking!

#7 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

You can play older ds games on the dsi right?

#8 Posted by TruthTellah (9307 posts) -

@Phatmac: Yes. The DSi can play all DS games. It just can't play GBA games.

#9 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Any Zelda game

#10 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3565 posts) -

Any of the Ouedan / Elite Beat Agent games. If you're a fan of super smash bros and Shounen Jump anime series grab Jump Ultimate Stars.

#11 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5839 posts) -
Ghost Trick and 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors if you want a good story. 

@AjayRaz said:

PICROSS 3D

Every DS collection needs this, too.
#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13235 posts) -
@SexyToad said:
Any Zelda game
Not any Zelda game, please, for the love of God, man.
#13 Edited by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'm gonna be playing the Mario & Luigi franchise once again! :D Has anyone played Devil Survivor? That game looks rad.

#14 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2482 posts) -

Dragon Ball Z Attack of the Saiyans was actually pretty good. Also going to throw in Radiant Historia.

#15 Posted by Animasta (14711 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'm gonna be playing the Mario & Luigi franchise once again! :D Has anyone played Devil Survivor? That game looks rad.

both devil survivors and strange journey are great, so try those definitely.

#17 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@Animasta: Thanks!

#18 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

@awadnin: Thank you!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.