Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Seaman coming to 3DS?

Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lard

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/25/seaman_3ds/

Yoot Saito is the creator of Seaman, the talking fish that caused a late 90s sensation here and went on to become the best selling Dreamcast game ever, beating out much pricier productions like Shenmue and Resident Evil Code: Veronica.

Recently, Saito has been giving some hints at a possible Seaman revival for Nintendo's new portable, 3DS. Of course, these hints come via Twitter.

A Saito follower Tweeted that, as a fan of the original Seaman, he's interested in seeing a 3D Seaman on 3DS with net connectivity similar to Nintendo's Moving Memo program, customization options for making the Seaman look like the player, and connectivity with Twitter.

In his reply to this Tweet, Saito said that he can't get into specifics, but hinted that the follower should keep on hoping for such a product.

In response to this, the follower said that on the day of release, he'd buy a 3DS Seaman along with a 3DS and would also recommend it to neighbors.

To this, Saito said that his development staff will work to respond to his expectations.

This certainly isn't confirmation, but Saito does seem to be hinting at a 3DS revival for the foul-mouthed man fish!

I'd be up for this. Seaman is one of the few DC games I never got to play.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ace829

WTF IS WITH YOUR AVATAR!?

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Bones8677

Seaman ...coming eh? ;-)

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Alphazero

TWO KIRBIES ENTER! ONE KIRBY LEAVES! 

Seriously though, Seaman coming? My fourth grade sense of humor cannot handle this.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64
    @Ace829 said:
    " WTF IS WITH YOUR AVATAR!? "
    He has been using that forever.
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Lard

No one but me is excited for this????? :(

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

This can only be a good thing. It has always been my dream for as long as I can remember to see Yoot Saito's face popping out at me on the body of a fish through a 3D screen. 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By apathylad

Seaman was one of the many Dreamcast games I wanted to play, but never got to. I never had a Dreamcast. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.