Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Should I get a DS Lite

labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By labam89
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Nah, just go ahead and get the DSi.

labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By labam89

Guess I should give an explanation. I have a psp that I haven't bought anything for a year and a half, but still play Patapon/Final Fantasty Tactics on. I have around 4 GBA games that I still love (with no gba, broke long ago) and the DSI has no real appeal to me as it has no gba slot, and I care nothing for cameras.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
    @labam89 said:
    " Guess I should give an explanation. I have a psp that I haven't bought anything for a year and a half, but still play Patapon/Final Fantasty Tactics on. I have around 4 GBA games that I still love (with no gba, broke long ago) and the DSI has no real appeal to me as it has no gba slot, and I care nothing for cameras. "
    Absolutely get a DS Lite then.  They are not too expensive and are usually bundled with something like NSMB these days.  I have a DSi, but my daughter has swiped it and I am using her DL Lite and it is fine.  You will have a vast range of cheap DS games around to snap up and believe, as an owner of both, you will enjoy Final Fantasy Tactics more on the DS (well, you may not, but I certainly did).  With all the great RPG games to choose from, you should get a lot of use out of the Lite.  A DSi isn't really essential and to be honest, DSiWare has not proven itself yet and may never do so.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw

GBA port > DSi ware

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64
    @gla55jAw said:
    "

GBA port > DSi ware

"
    Sadly, this is true.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Yeah, you're not missing much by getting a lite over DSi, and you can probably find one much cheaper. The only DSiware came I'm even remotely interested in is Dark Void Zero, and no major game releases are likely to require the DSi camera for fear of splitting the userbase.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.