Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo DS

Platform »

The Nintendo DS is a handheld featuring two screens, one of which is a resistive touchscreen. Four different models are available: the original DS, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL.

Should I get a new DS?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Red

I have a DS Lite. I used to not take that good care of it  and because of that part of the frame is broken, the screen is scratched up and the little protective case is filled with dirt.
    So, should I get a new DS? I've been thinking about getting one ever since Chrono Trigger was announced because it really makes my DS a pain to play.
    And, does anyone know a great way to protect the protective casing so that it doesn't get filled with dirt?
    Thanks in advance.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

What are you doing with it? going on hiking trips?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

I honestly don't know how on earth that happened with the dirt. No one else has that problem?

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Demilich

Steal one.

I have a phat launch DS. I'm looking for an excuse to buy a Lite.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool

Yes Red, get a new one and take care of it.

Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Chaos

Never gotten dirt in any of my GameBoys, I did warp the screen of my first, big fat gray brick one. After I left it in my moms car in the rear window for about a week.

Sparkcil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Sparkcil
    Red said:
    "I have a DS Lite. I used to not take that good care of it  and because of that part of the frame is broken, the screen is scratched up and the little protective case is filled with dirt.
    So, should I get a new DS? I've been thinking about getting one ever since Chrono Trigger was announced because it really makes my DS a pain to play.
    And, does anyone know a great way to protect the protective casing so that it doesn't get filled with dirt?
    Thanks in advance."
    If you mean inside the edges of that clear plastic outer shell... I've done that!
    Hohshit, I thought it was only me. It's a pain to get out.. If it's really close and already open, you can use your nail safely.. Grow it out a bit.
    Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Gmanall

Get a DSi

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.