Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Blank Blank

christobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By christobin

DELETED

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lockwoodx

Nintendo isn't failing. They went outside the box like they do once a decade and their fans are in such shock it backfired. IT HAPPENS EVERY FUCKING TIME and now we are in for another few decades of the same old shit.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

I'm not a Nintendo fan and I don't care they are failling. At most I'm their client, and if they aren't capable of presenting products worth getting then why should I care? I'll just go over to who can give me what I'm after.

I can grow an attachment to such developer, but giving the situation more than a thought seems too much.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Contrarian

This isn't really any different to the negative posts about Nintendo failing. Don't sweat it. They have $14billion in the bank, enough to last 30 bad years of the loss they made last year. They have a new console coming out, a little late, but still, coming this year. The 3DS is going gangbusters and will very soon stop the very small loss they make on it. There is no gloom. Don't believe the hype.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shiftymagician

I wan't to say this is a knee-jerk reaction to the poorly-made other thread about Nintendo apparently failing but alas, it could all be coincidental. Just rest assured OP, Nintendo will be with us for at least one more cycle and they seem financially secure so far despite that one loss so far.

GhosthH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GhosthH

Nintendo aren't failing, they just didn't handle the transition from Wii to Wii U well. They'll be fine, they always seem to find a way to carry on and they've got plenty of money. As for you 'not minding' them falling out of the hardware business, well yeah Sega did it, but they've been kinda lame since that happened (I mostly liked them in the 16Bit era, Megadrive and Arcades). I'm pretty sure they'll be in the hardware business for the forseeable future, undercooked hardware and gimmicks notwithstanding, and the 3DS is doing well enough but will never be a DS level success I would say.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeF

They're not failing. The news about their losses are only significant since it's the FIRST time they actually did not make money in 30 years, if I recall correctly.

This does not mean they are in debt all of a sudden, this just means they swim in slightly less huge pools of $$$. It happens when you take risks (-> preparing for new hardware launch, 3DS price debacle).

Media outlets just love to exaggerate things for no reason.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By egg

@ChrisTobin said:

I have nothing against the GameCube, I enjoyed it when it was a relevant system, but it is a completely unremarkable system in terms of hardware. For Nintendo it added a second joystick (oh snap!).

No it didn't. All I see is a yellow nipple marked ''C''.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.