Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Iwata Predicted Sony And Microsoft Would Follow Suit

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata, has admitted he expected rivals Sony and Microsoft to reveal motion technology one year ago. He told UK newspaper The Times, that he expected there to be announcements for Motion controllers/capture devices for the Xbox 360 and PS3 this time last year -

"I'd like to say to them, 'Welcome to the motion-control world!'"

Iwata feels Nintendo would be wise to tread carefully in the future, but also feels it might be way too early to judge anything yet. After all, there are no details on software support, pricing or availability, at present.

The Wii won't be Nintendo's sole entry into the growing need for motion, Iwata notes that competing devices might expand the gaming population even more:

We're always at work on something new. I am actually looking forward to engaging in that sort of competition, because it gives our whole industry the chance to expand the gaming population.

source

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Atleast he isn't suing, lol.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

The moment the Wii was launched and became a sales sensation it was obvious to every smart gamer that they would follow.  Soon after, when it was clear that the Wii was going to clean up the sales race this gen, even the dumb gamers could see it coming.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's funny to think with hindsight how they both tried to make out motion control was a fad that gamers would grow tired of . I guessed Nintendo proved motion control was the future.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " It's funny to think with hindsight how they both tried to make out motion control was a fad that gamers would grow tired of . I guessed Nintendo proved motion control was the future. "
    Some people still actually refer to it as a fad.  Sheesh.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Meowayne

I wish I could go back and reread the gaming world's reaction when Nintendo introduced the analog stick.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Willy105

Nintendo is not known to sue their competitors for "borrowing"their ideas. In fact, they have always been very happy that they do this. This should be a lesson to other companies, on this industry and beyond.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By PJ

I bet Nintendo felt kinda stupid when MS and Sony announced their solutions. I mean Wii Motinon Plus looks like it came from the stoneage compared to Project Natal. And whit Sonys "thing"(since it doesnt have a name) thats like Wii Motion Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus Plus.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killdave

My little sister guessed the other 2 big game companies would bring out their own motion controls after the success of Nintendo.

No suprise here

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.