Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Easter Eggs planets

Spaniard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

First of all, hi all, I'm new here.

I'm coming with some kind of "idea/wish" I would love to know if anyone had heard anything about it in any HelloGames interview

In such a big game, where you can find billions of planets, I'm pretty sure it would be kinda easy creating some Easter Eggs planets, just 1 in the universe, but inspired in anything.

Just imagine, one Earth, Gallifrey, Escher world, Firefly world… And someone discovering them for first time, or traveling to this planet and explore it.

I don't think it could be such a huge effort creating these planets, and they would be a great plus to the game (Just imagine the possibilities, almost every sky-fy world could have a "wink" in the game).

Would you like to see Easter Eggs planets on No Man's Sky?

GStats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a good idea but it'd be a massive amount of work for something that a lot of people might never see.

What I hope they do do is have some kind of key special locations that have some story relevance that people will need to discover. It'll be interesting to see if once something important is discovered, it will filter through into the community and create common travel routes etc. Or if people will largely remain independent and you'll just get more random behaviour.

Most of all, I just really hope there's a bit of story. Even if it's sparsely told.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Hell yeah. I think easter egg planets would be rad.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

there should only be one and it should be a mario galaxy style planet that is just joe dangers head

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nah, it should be the Clangers' planet.

Loading Video...

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt there will be any "easter egg" planets.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Now I want a planet that's a literal easter egg.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant wait to visit planet ann.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I thought they had chosen to make a procedurally generated world (which they just oversee the generation) because they didn't have the manpower to create many bespoke planets designed individually. Heck, all of the demos they have done have been them picking different seeds to find one of the previously-generated planets (and hoping/repeating until they find one) which would be fine to show off. It also might go against the idea of the game if they have these 'easter egg' planets and then either A) allowed you to ruin/rename them (thereby ruining the effect) or B) making them exeptions to the rules of how the player can change them.

That said, there should be one shaped like Mario's head.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want the moon from Majora's Mask, and a planet that has the island from The Witness that you can land on and actually play The Witness. I want that game's real secret to be that you were trapped in No Man's Sky the whole time.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Im all for easter eggs and personal touches in games but this game is sadly the very opposite of that. Im sure there will be some things but whole handcrafted planets will go against everything the game stands for and unless the game force you there no player will ever find it. There are Quintillions of fillerplanets after all.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from whatever is at the center of the galaxy (maybe) I doubt if there'll be any hand crafted planets. There are so many planets it would take way too long for most people to reach any particular one.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Blackout62

"First of all, hi all, I'm new here."

This whole community and no one had taken Spaniard?

Also hi... Or hola I guess.

Edit: And the poster above is Arabs in Spanish. This is all rather strange.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

Im all for easter eggs and personal touches in games but this game is sadly the very opposite of that. Im sure there will be some things but whole handcrafted planets will go against everything the game stands for and unless the game force you there no player will ever find it. There are Quintillions of fillerplanets after all.

I'm trying to avoid being negative toward people who are excited about this game, but yeah. I agree with you. I think that people STILL don't understand what this game is. It's not necessarily their fault because of the way the game has been publicized, but at the same time, I feel like the developers are been pretty forthcoming about what the game is, if you follow the press. I think people think that they are going to be "discovering" things. That is to say, things worth discovering. The thing that Bethesda games do so well is always giving you little tiny reward for exploring. "Is that a water tower in the distance? I'm going to go to it. And lo and behold, here's a pack of goods at the base. It's not much, but it makes it feel like I discovered something." No Man's Sky does not do that.

No Man's Sky is the game for kids who get excited every time they see someone crack open a Geode. There's no real mystery to what's inside, but to people who care, it's the unique arrangements of what's inside that is interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.