Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

First Blog on GiantBomb- Can we stop doing this? Please

SupremeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SupremeDelight

With the report of No Man's Sky being delayed until August alot of people including me are disappointed and rightly so. This game is one of the most hyped games coming out this year and with that some people are taking this news alot harder then they should, with death threats being sent to the journalist who broke the story on Kotaku Jason Schreier and also to Sean Murray at Hello Games. I find this behavior to be absolutely disgusting and you only succeed in making yourself look like a complete asshat. What grinds my gears about this is that people like this take their "passion" for video games way to far. If you really have nothing to live for expect for playing video games then I implore that you go find some more hobbies because games aren't everything. Even me a guy who wants to have a job in the games industry understands that games aren't my life. I have other hobbies like reading, working out at my gym, writing this blog are all my other hobbies.

With the internet being so open and millions of people having instant access to one another, death threats are more common than they really should be. It shows your immaturity and your lack of self control when comes to down to it. There are people out there who are just doing their job and you want to send him a letter saying your going to find him and kill his family and him. Grow up, get a life, and leave everyone alone. Do I want this to stop? Absolutely I want people to stop spreading such vitriol over things that are so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. There are third world countries where people are starving to death and there are bombings by a terrorist organization calling themselves ISIS and you get bent out of shape because a video game got delayed.

I'm getting off my soapbox now just needed to vent my frustration with these type of people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.