Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

My first epic space battle!

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By pickassoreborn

So finally I warped into a massive space battle which the new update hinted - and had a blast with it. First thing is that it took place around a vast battleship - much, much larger than your average freighter. Once you engage, new music (I think) drums up some atmosphere in the background as I weaved and tangled through ships and battleship super-structure and for the most part it was great to experience.

The downside? It's still pretty easy to target friendly ships without realising it and evoke the wrath of the sentinels. I ended up destroying all enemy ships and trying to get my damaged ass back to a nearby space station with sentinels attacking from the rear. Needless to say I didn't make it - which felt bitter sweet considering the epic space battle which I just experienced. Hopefully they can sort that stuff out further down the line. Anyone else get into a space scrap yet?

One new thing I also managed to experience is taking down a bounty enemy ship - although the unusual thing is that this whole thing took place while I was flying over the planet's surface.

Aaand I bought myself a freighter. Oh, man. You get more inventory space to play with and base building on the freighter itself. You have to talk to the general of the freighter to swap ship inventory to the freighter, though you can retrieve any items from the freighter at any time from the main menu. Sadly I've hit a bit of a brick wall with the base building as it requires a bunch of Rigogen and although I know it's found underwater, it's hard to work out which planets/systems have that particular element. Any help regarding that would be very lovely indeed.

Edit - found a reddit pic of that massive battleship!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i reinstalled it recently, nice to hear they're adding more interesting things to see/do. bodes well for the game getting to a good place eventually.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Sounds pretty cool, with the exception of the friendly targeting issue.

I am really rooting for this game. It is a solid game that they did a horrible job marketing. It's Subnautica, but in space.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.