Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Release data announced - NA 21 June, EU 22 June, UK 24 June - Physical version confirmed

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

The price has been confirmed as $60.

It's getting a physical release too. And a limited edition release.

The limited edition comes in a steelcase, with a comic, an art book, a theme and a "starter set". The starter set is something that I think is a bit weird, not something I saw coming with this game. What do the boosts to your ship do? Will this game end up having some sort of microtransaction shop selling boosters and ships?

I'll give them this, that design is pretty great.

No Caption Provided

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I can't believe that No Man's Sky is coming out so soon and we still don't know all that much about it. I'm starting to get the same vibe I got in the run-up to Destiny's launch, where I kept waiting to be impressed by some aspect of the gameplay, but still optimistic based on the vision promised by the developers. Hopefully No Man's Sky ends up realizing that promise.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let the hype and counter-hype begin!

It looks like outlets are able to post some of their hands-on impressions now, alongside this announcement.

The trading and mining-through-terraforming idea sounds cool, as it gives you a reason to explore planets and spend some time on them. The scale of it still seems insane.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ugh!!! fucking pre order "incentive"... I guess my fears were well founded, it was soiled by Sony.. If this game haves fucking microtransactions I'm going to lose my shit...

No Caption Provided

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It's getting a physical release too. And a limited edition release.

The limited edition comes in a steelcase, with a comic, an art book, a theme and a "starter set". The starter set is something that I think is a bit weird, not something I saw coming with this game. What do the boosts to your ship do? Will this game end up having some sort of microtransaction shop selling boosters and ships?

I'll give them this, that design is pretty great.

No Caption Provided

So, that's PS4 exclusive, and this crazy edition is PC exclusive?:

No Caption Provided

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

£40 and 3 days later. LOL

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see the hype with this game. Someone has to name me 5 interesting game mechanics this game has. Awesome boxart though.

60$ is a pretty big stretch, but considering the hype i'm sure it will sell well for its type.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fakekisser: It must be, Sony didn't say anything about it on their official blog post.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish:Yeah, I think the same... Though I personally want the art book and PC version...

@asilentprotagonist: The $60 price tag surprised me, for PC. I expected $50.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dac8b1b10957
    deactivated-5dac8b1b10957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@asilentprotagonist: I'm not sure I could name you one interesting game mechanics this game has. Until the coverage this site just launched (which confirmed that I'm overall not interested in this game,) they did a pretty piss poor job of explaining what the game is. Now that we know more details, I feel like it's because it's just another survival game and they didn't want people to dismiss it before it came out.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@darth_navster: I think it's very clear what this game is. What don't you understand about it?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RonGalaxy

@drgreatjob: what this game is has been pretty clear for a long time now. If you aren't into exploration for exploration's sake, you probably won't like this game. To me the vastness of it is what makes it interesting and separates it from similar games. I'm a person who relishes in searching every nook and cranny of a game, so the fact that there's so much to see is enough for me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By mike

The most surprising to me is that the game is available on GOG, too.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mellotronrules

@rongalaxy said:

@drgreatjob: what this game is has been pretty clear for a long time now. If you aren't into exploration for exploration's sake, you probably won't like this game. To me the vastness of it is what makes it interesting and separates it from similar games. I'm a person who relishes in searching every nook and cranny of a game, so the fact that there's so much to see is enough for me.

i think that's exactly right- this game has been telegraphed as pure exploration- i would presume it's attempting to capture and enhance that same feeling you get/got from finding a new zone in WoW, or charting a new landmass in minecraft.

if you're looking for a traditional gameplay hook...there probably isn't one.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cagliostro88

@mike said:

The most surprising to me is that the game is available on GOG, too.

Yeah that surprised me a lot too. But it's good news for me

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: yep same here, I really don't care much about the combat or anything else, all I want is to get to the center of that galaxy and see what's in there!!! I want to do that so bad!

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Being released on pay day! Resullllt

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Mister_V

What! We get it last in the UK!?!? It must be all that extra time needed to get the data the 40 miles from their studio to my house.... I'm writing to my MP, this won't stand!

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having it be the 24th on digital distribution platforms in the UK is just insane. All you're going to get is an army of people using VPNs to unlock it at the same time as America.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v: What day of the week are games usually released in the UK? Here in the States they're typically released on Tuesdays, which lines up with the US release of June 21. If games release in the UK on Fridays, then that would line up with the June 24 release.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By Darth_Navster

@rongalaxy: It just seems like you travel to a planet, gawk at the scenery, take off and repeat the process all over again. That doesn't seem like a compelling game to me. I keep hoping that there's more to it.

EDIT: I just read Brad's write-up and the game seems a hell of a lot more interesting now. Consider me intrigued.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I thought they were releasing first on PS4. I was going to get it on PS4 if that version came out a lot earlier, but I'd much rather play it on PC, so this is great news.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdaddy81: It used to be fridays. But in the last couple of years more and more games are coming out day and date with the US release. I thought we had moved passed staggered releases.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v: Hmm, then I can't think of any logical reason to delay the UK version a few days. Especially when the developers are based in the UK as well.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

66 CAD, which is a pleasant surprise. It will be interesting to see how this game is.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, this is the moment indies slide into the AA gap. Fingers crossed, folks.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagliostro88@mike: Yeah, I was surprised to see it come out on GOG, but that is my "platform" of choice now that Galaxy has been released. :)

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Devil240Z

@shindig said:

Okay, this is the moment indies slide into the AA gap. Fingers crossed, folks.

Its not A, AA, or AAA. its III or triple I. I for indie.

Disgusting huh?

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great box, will stick out between all the dark game boxes featuring a dude carrying a gun. I've seen that art before, but thought it was fan art, guess it was official stuff.

Wasn't expecting a full price, but I'll gladly pay it, seems like it's something else.

SnowyPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Split EU and UK release date, do they know something we don't know?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.