Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Save problem

Atlanton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atlanton

Hey guys,

Playing NMS since last night, enjoying it and it appears to run better for me then many others (can't deny it sort of looks like shit but with some decent AA this could be a lot better).

But today i have run into a problem, two times when i was playing, the game stopped saving. So i get out of the ship or save at those save-thingies and when i go look at the options menu the save file is one of before, the 1st time this happened i was playing 4hrs straight and it was 15h34, but my save file kept saying 12h58, trying a few save options did not work so i quit the game. When i started it back up it went back to the 12h58 save and lost all my units and inventory but the planets i went to stayed discovered.

Anyone else run into this? I'd like to play some more but if this keeps happening it is prety much going to make me crazy ;-)

EDIT: On PC/STEAM

intoavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By intoavoid

Same here but on ps4.

Both save game data are not being replaced with the new save, so everytime i play i loose all my progress. Any idea how to fix this? i Dont want to loose all my game

Atlanton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does restarting the game work for you? Because that is what fixes it for me.... I played for 2 more hours after this post without problems... But i am checking my save every 10 mins ;-)

intoavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomaussie: really? i start from my saved game two times (every time restarting my ps4) and its not working, everytime i check my save the hour is the same, it never changes

Atlanton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomaussie: really? i start from my saved game two times (every time restarting my ps4) and its not working, everytime i check my save the hour is the same, it never changes

Can't help you there... I just noticed the problem once after a few hours, restarted the game, it started saving again then stopped again after two hours, but i played some more last night and today without a problem...

Tryptophan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try right clicking on No Man's Sky in your steam library list, and go to Updates. Check and see if Cloud Saving is off. That might be why.
    If you can't even select it, then go to the top menu of Steam and select Settings and go to Cloud. If Enable Cloud Saving blah blah blah is not selected, select it there.
    Then make sure it's enabled in NMS in Steam list. When you start MNS it will try to find your save and if nothing is there it will ask to save local files to the cloud. Say yes if you want to.
    The only reason I know this is this is part of the process of starting new games. There's a little more to getting the game to start over, but that is how it behaves when Cloud Saving is off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.