Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

Will No Man's Sky relase date be announced today?

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will No Man's Sky relase date be announced today? (203 votes)

Yes 27%
    No 46%
    It's not even a real game, its Frog Fractions 2 27%

Following on from this article from Gamespot I'm really interested to see if there is any announcement today about the game! I mean, it's one of the reasons I jumped to PS4 (this and The Witness).

What do you guys think? Is this quick denial of the rumour just a quick bat down of the big announcement today????

• 
    RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

It's possible. I'd give it a 60% chance of happening.

thom_hill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thom_hill

yes with the PlayStation VR it will be the poster child for sony

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I don't think so. Sean Murray has been kinda talking about taking their time on twitter. Also Sean Murray won't even be there, I really don't think they will announce it without him.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might get a release date, but Sean Murray recently dismissed the rumour of releasing tomorrow as false.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I hope not, because that'd really screw up my Halo 5 play-schedule.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Murray will not be at the PGW and since he appeared on every Sony stage since the reveal of the game I doubt that they will announce a date without him.

My hopes are now set on PSX (and when they miss that it will be E3 2016 :p)

HnNaldoR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dussck said:

Murray will not be at the PGW and since he appeared on every Sony stage since the reveal of the game I doubt that they will announce a date without him.

My hopes are now set on PSX (and when they miss that it will be E3 2016 :p)

PSX is also PS's big event and i am sure they will try to keep some games for that. No man SKy is huge for PS4 and i think they would want to release it on their own show

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#8 sgtsphynx  Moderator

If there is anything about NMS it will be a "and you can hear more about it in the coming months" type thing.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dussck

@hnnaldor: Maybe, but I doubt it is Sony's strategy that determines the release date of NMS. The game is still in development and it's a difficult project made by very few people.

I honestly think that Hello Games does not know when they are releasing the game right now and are very wary to set a date. Even a minor set back (some difficult to solve error in the code for instance) can throw the release date back for months. Small Indie studio's just don't have the resources to compensate for difficult times to still be able to make the release date (like a Ubisoft can do).

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know sean said he wouldn;t be there, could just be him running interference so when he pops up on stage and removes his banadages we'll all go "Ohhh murray ya son of a b****"

@thom_hill I think your on the money with that, major VR coup for PS4 and PSVR for sure!

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By paulmako

They already said that no surprise release was happening. And releasing now would be kind of insane, because we have Halo out and Call of Duty coming and all and everything is going to get eclipsed by the behemoth of Fallout 4 in two weeks anyway.

Releasing now would really not give thte game the sustained attention it wants.

EDIT: Whoops, completely misunderstood the question, sorry. I think they could well set a date for next Spring today. They will probably want to point at it somehow yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a530ec4d635
    deactivated-60a530ec4d635

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako: Went into a slight panic when you said Fallout 4 comes out in two week. Still so many games to play :)

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll come out whenever Persona 5 does.

Both were guaranteed for 2015, after all

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PSX will give us release date, price and annoncement of VR support + will be playable by attendees. Believe!

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By Wraithtek
    ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

guess i'll have to man up and play more of elite dangerous in the time being [/poorme]

hopefully we'll know what the game is about by then! [/s]

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Humanity

That release date is HILARIOUS. They've been talking this game up like its right around the corner and it's almost a year away from release??

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm both worried and excited about this game, but not surprised about the release date. Games take time, and for what appears to be a very (overly?) ambitious project, it's not surprising it's been pushed back.

Thankfully the game gods have already blessed us with quite a bounty this year, and thanks to the delays, next year is shaping up nicely too (This, P5, XCOM 2, etc.).

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Well, that makes it about 7 months out. Wiki says the game was first announced Dec. 2013. So that's about 2.5 years after announcement. For this kind of game, I don't mind them taking their time.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, didn't expect them to announce it without Murray, but seeing the date I can understand why he didn't want to say it himself. Also, are they trying to get this 'VR ready'? PS VR should release around that time as well, right?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I can't wait for yet another e3 to come and go with this game still not out. T_T

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RonGalaxy

@humanity: 10 people are working on this massive ass game. Give em a break.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

are people really mad about this release date? wyd

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@rongalaxy: Hey man, I'm not saying making games is easy or that it's even them calling the shots on when they have to show it off or make a trailer because they're probably not. I'm saying the people that decided to start stirring up some hype for a game due to release in over 7 months made a bad judgement call. I was really excited when they showed this game for the first time. Then they started showing it again, basically the same stuff, and I was a little less excited. Then the third time they started showing yet another "go to random place, land, walk around" sequence I was starting to grow a bit wary of the whole thing. This release date just makes me not want to hear anything more about it until they're done - just finish it, put it out. There is such a thing as holding people in suspense for too long, especially considering how cagey they are about a number of details concerning how the game actually plays.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I'm right there with you good sir. I was so, so hyped when it got announced at the VGX years ago, and the hype was huge for a while, but this last year it has died hard, and almost turned into disdain. Now, scheduled to release almost 3 years since first being announced, I almost don't care. I feel like next June might be past my window of interest, which really makes me sad. I have to imagine they hit some huge snags in production 2 years ago or so, because I can't imagine this timetable was what they predicted when they first showed off NMS to the world.

It makes me bummed, but hopefully it's good. If it turns out to be a bust in addition to this hype train derailing, it'll be so tragic for my dreams of a space game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.