Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Norman Jayden

Character » appears in 1 games

An out of town FBI agent who works alongside the local police department in order to catch the Origami Killer as he struggles with his severe drug addiction.

Am I the only one who thinks his voice is well done?

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Expletive

In the IGN review they say something along the lines of "And some of the voice acting is off" and then they show a clip of Norman Jayden introducing himself , therefore insinuating that his voice acting is off.

I for one thought (in the demo at least) that his voice was very well done, it reminded me of Casey Affleck's character in Gone Baby Gone.
     He sounded like a Boston-er of Irish descent.
     Where as the hooker on the other hand I thought was just awful, that "American" accent is almost cringe worthy.

So how about you guys? What'd you think of the voice acting? Any voices you like or dislike more than the others ?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I thought his voice acting is some of the worst I've heard in a while. Like there were points in the demo when I thought that some lines were said by seperate people. His voice just doesn't fit the atmosphere at all and I can see myself getting pissed off at him and not caring for him as a character because of his annoying voice. I felt the same about Tyler in Indigo Prophecy too - the parts where you play as him I just wanted to be over as fast as possible because he just said some really stupid things.  

For a game that counts on the immersiveness of characters as one of it's main point, having such a bad voice actor is kind of a big deal. Maybe if there was some actual gameplay to the game I would be a bit more lenient, it just seems to me that this game is a tech demo with a story.

I really liked Scott's voice and he has me convinced that he'll be a great character. I think he was really well done. I also thought Lauren was terrible as well but definitely not as bad as Norman. 

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Expletive
    @xyzygy: 
    Weird, opinions I suppose.
    I feel like I'm missing something because usually I'm the guy that would get really pissed about things like this.
    Maybe I should play the demo again.

Also, what's with your avatar? And all the other people with similar ones?
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Rhaknar

i like this voice... the only voice that really bothered me, and this is from the trailer, is the nerdy clerk guy when they show the main girl, and he goes "madison mage...27...single" in a REALLY nerdy nasal voice...hated that.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy
    @expletive: We had a bet that NSMB Wii would outsellf MW2 by the January NPD, but I was wrong :P So those of us that were wrong have to wear this one until the next NPD. I just hope no one steals my avatar I want to use when i get back! 
    Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Expletive
    @xyzygy:  Oh, lol.
    Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Jambones

ARI comment....
    ARI comment....
    ARI comment....

ARI comment....

I have to agree his voice is a little off. Though, I am pretty sure I could get used to listening. To me, Keifer Sutherland sounds a bit weird in 24, but I am getting used to it.  

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By pause422

his voice acting is bad.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ghostiet

Norman Jayden is played by Leon Ockenden, who is British, so he probably struggles at points to keep his American. He sounds a lot better when he's shouting or speaking in a loud voice (like introducing himself or something like that), when he's muttering to himself, it's bad.

And I liked the vibe Lauren gave with that French hint. Like she's some immigrant struggling in the US.

Giantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Giantine

i WOULD say the voice is pretty normal. 

TheMiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMiz

I like his voice.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dtat

The only voices that bugged me were Lauren 's and occassionally Ethan's. Every 10 or so lines, something Ethan says just strikes me as having a really strange accent. But like I said it only pops out every once and a while. It only really bothered me for the first couple hours though.
    FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I think his voice is fine. I got the impression that he was kind of young and unexperienced, which I liked. Much more interesting than "generic grizzled FBI agent".

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mmmslash
    HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HypoXenophobia

I thought Norman's voice was normal, as with most of the adult cast. I live in a diverse environment so I'm used to different accents. But I felt the cast of Heavy Rain for the most part was great throughout since they weren't similar to the voice actors we were used to. I just feel certain reviewers were being whiney for the sake of whining.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By Hailinel

Norman's voice was a bit off, but the worst voice acting in the game was by...pretty much every child voice actor in the game.  They rarely if ever struck me as sounding natural.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Whisperkill
    @expletive said:
     it reminded me of Casey Affleck's character in Gone Baby Gone.  
    Now that you mention it, I did get that kind of vibe from him. 

Man that movie was so great and so fucked up at the same time. That scene in the crackhouse made me feel messed up.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Cube

I just felt like he wasn't strong enough, he didn't feel like someone who could stand up to anyone.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Expletive
    @Whisperkill: Yeah, that's a really great movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.