Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NVIDIA Corporation

Company »

NVIDIA specializes in the manufacture of graphics-processor technologies. Based in Santa Clara, California, the company’s most notable products include the GeForce GPU’s for gaming and the Quadro series for graphics processing on professional basis.

Nvidia Shield tablet recall due to fire risk

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Nvidia have put out a statement and instructions on how to check if your Shield tablet is at risk of bursting into flames due to a battery issue.

If you have one of these tablets, it's worth checking if it affects you.

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've already filled in the form to get my replacement (takes 2-4 weeks to receive it), the website says you should stop using your tablet if it's affected but I don't know how necessary that is. I'll probably keep using mine until a replacement arrives.

The tablet did get pretty warm when playing a game or charging but never thought it could catch fire.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I'll probably keep using mine until a replacement arrives.

Famous last words.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By OurSin_360

updating and checking now, i got mine earlier this year so i probably need to replace it. Surprised no email from amazon or nvidia though.

Funny if it wasn't for this thread i wouldn't even know about this, gotta see if i can get my nexus 7 back up and running until rma

corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By corporalgregg

Nice, I just got mine about 2 weeks ago and I got a tiny bit of chocolate into the speaker grooves/holes that has kind of been annoying me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.