Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ōkami

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 18, 2006

Ōkami is an action-adventure game in which the goddess Amaterasu restores life and beauty to a world that has been taken over by malevolent beings through the power of celestial calligraphy techniques.

Okami HD (XBOX One) - issues with bluring during movement.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

I recently got Okami HD on Xbox One and started playing today. However after a few minutes into the opening gameplay level, I had to turn the game off due to motion blur whilst moving the character. It would be the character and all the background items etc just blurring. When stood still the game looks fine. I tried the different options in the menu for light/normal/heavy style or whatever the option is, but that did not seem to change anything. Does anybody know of any solutions? I want to play this game but if it turns out this is how the game is supposed to look then sadly I will have to trade it on in as it causes me a headache looking at the game when anything moves gameplay wise (the cut scenes were fine).

Thank you.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to just be how the game looks, I personally disliked it as well but on the PC version there's already a mod to remove the blur and reduce the heavy ghosting of a lot of the post effects it has going on.

I feel on the Xbox version you're probably just out of luck if reducing the effect to Light isn't enough for you.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: Is there really? Can you send me a link because I would love to remove the motion blur and canvas effect.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I bought the PS3 version of this game ages ago and barely played it for the same reasons. This is not a new complaint.

If the PC version is OK and the mod removes the motion blur, I might buy that one.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah man, that's a shame as the intro got my interest in the game. Thank you for the information though.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: I just saw that on Steam it really does help the game. There is also a 21:9 fix which is really great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.