Played for 5 minutes, turned off never to be played again.

#1 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (219 posts) -

Not because it's a bad game (although I've heard it's not brilliant) but because of the over use of swearing and profanity in the intro. The 'characters' seem to be overly arrogant Americans and is just a total turn off. I just can't bring myself to play it....

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4685 posts) -

You could turn the sound down or perhaps just the voices.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

I traded the game in because I got bored of it.

#4 Edited by DanTheGamer32 (219 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: what's the point in even playing the game then? The voices should be part of the experience in a game like this

#5 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (219 posts) -

@falserelic said:

I traded the game in because I got bored of it.

I'm gonna do the same tomorrow :/

#6 Posted by Jimbo (9799 posts) -

Shame, it's a pretty good game.

#7 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I have never heard of any gamer being offended by swearing in a videogame ever.

#8 Posted by beeftothetaco (421 posts) -

@DanTheGamer32 said:

The 'characters' seem to be overly arrogant Americans and is just a total turn off.

So pretty much every FPS on the market right now?

#9 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (219 posts) -

@beeftothetaco said:

@DanTheGamer32 said:

The 'characters' seem to be overly arrogant Americans and is just a total turn off.

So pretty much every FPS on the market right now?

lmao I guess so yeah

#10 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (219 posts) -

@Canteu said:

I have never heard of any gamer being offended by swearing in a videogame ever.

I was not offended by the swearing (I love Gears of War etc) but in this it just seemed way too forced, it was painful to listen to.

#11 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6397 posts) -

@DanTheGamer32 said:

@Canteu said:

I have never heard of any gamer being offended by swearing in a videogame ever.

I was not offended by the swearing (I love Gears of War etc) but in this it just seemed way too forced, it was painful to listen to.

I think you could have worded your OP better then. Not liking the game because it has too much swearing by arrogant Americans and having forced "tough guy" dialogue are two different complaints, and in my opinion, the latter complaint is much more valid.

#12 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (219 posts) -

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@DanTheGamer32 said:

@Canteu said:

I have never heard of any gamer being offended by swearing in a videogame ever.

I was not offended by the swearing (I love Gears of War etc) but in this it just seemed way too forced, it was painful to listen to.

I think you could have worded your OP better then. Not liking the game because it has too much swearing by arrogant Americans and having forced "tough guy" dialogue are two different complaints, and in my opinion, the latter complaint is much more valid.

fair enough, my bad.

#13 Posted by alcor741 (78 posts) -

I actually thought that the game was overall pretty decent, but you have to survive 2 hours of complete bullshit to get to it.

#14 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

I agree the black sergeant is annoying as fuck.

But still the game was a great sort of military sim and was totally worth completing. Just ignore the Americans and aim at the Tajiks (I never really listened to my radio anyway).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.