Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

Sleeping Dogs about $9 on Origin.

abomunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By abomunist

To be more precise: $8.50. Just thought I'd give a heads up. Totally worth the cost. With GTAV coming out, I was fiending for some open world tomfoolery.

Don't know if it's available outside the US.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it work with Windows 8? I'd buy it if does. Lately I haven't been having a lot of luck... GTA IV won't run in Windows 8 for me at all...same for a lot of other games. :/

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Getz

It's also free for PS plus members this week.

abomunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By abomunist

I'll second that GTAIV thing. I think it has to do with the Games for Windows Live integration. Which is upside down and backwards in 8, as far as I've figured it out. I don't believe Sleeping Dogs has that problem, but I'll report back.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@jdh5153 said:

Does it work with Windows 8? I'd buy it if does. Lately I haven't been having a lot of luck... GTA IV won't run in Windows 8 for me at all...same for a lot of other games. :/

I played entirely through Sleeping Dogs on a Windows 8 system. Worked perfectly fine for me.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

if you know how to work the internets you can get it off the Polish Origin site for about half that (roughly $4.50) and includes a steam key.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

@jdh5153 said:

I played entirely through Sleeping Dogs on a Windows 8 system. Worked perfectly fine for me.

As did I.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones

I know it's free on psn plus but TRUST ME! If you have a solid computer you should spend the 8.50. It looks absolutely amazing on there.

And if you don't have a PC I don't recall the console versions have any issues so enjoy it in there. It's a great game

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I know it's free on psn plus but TRUST ME! If you have a solid computer you should spend the 8.50. It looks absolutely amazing on there.

And if you don't have a PC I don't recall the console versions have any issues so enjoy it in there. It's a great game

Sweet. Came to make sure the console version didn't have issues (still haven't gotten around to building my PC yet). Looking forward to checking this game out.

abomunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By abomunist

Yeah, seems fine. I love the fighting system in this game. It's no Batman, but it's pretty great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.