Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Path of Exile

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2013

Path of Exile is a free-to-play PC online action Role-Playing Game set in a dark fantasy world.

Is there a giantbomb guild for PoE on the PC?

Th3_Whit3n3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have played a lot of this game without an active guild. Was wondering if there was an offical/unoffical giantbomb guild.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I just started playing, and I'm also interested in being part of a Giant Bomb guild.

TommyTours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TommyTours

I also just started having seen Rorie play it on UPF. I'd be interested in a guild although I'm not sure what type of stuff there is to do in a guild yet.

ViggyNash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd join a GB guild even if it didn't do anything.

I should really get back into this now that my internet isn't shit.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By meatsofevil

I've been playing a ton since Fall of Oriath and the Harbinger League started, and if no one does it, I would be more than happy to start up a guild. If anything just to get duders chattin together in game.

ceda22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatsofevil: That's a great idea. You should totally do it. I'd be down to join whenever you make it. We could tell Rorie about it once it's up and running.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am 17 hours in on my first character, and don't really see a point for this being mulitplayer in the first place. Are guilds for like late game content or something? I only see other characters in the hub as well, maybe it all changes later though.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: nah you can totally just solo everything if that's your jam. I like playing with a few friends with our own characters so that we stay leveled together, and have my own solo characters. You can also trade items with other players and stuff, which you might find useful after a while, and once you get enough currency to trade with.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KarlHungus01

@oursin_360: The game is very much built so you're not disadvantaged by playing either solo or in a party. Having a guild is very nice, however, because resources and trading is a major component to the game. It's very helpful to have people to share low-end currency and twink uniques for new characters, or end-game maps that you don't need anymore for people entering the end game. There's also several semi-rare world spawns like End Game Labyrinth trials that are nice to share with guildmates by inviting them into your party so they can get the completion credit.

On top of that, most of the chat channels in the game are total cancer, so it's beneficial to just have a place to talk and ask advice via your guild channel in-game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.