Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Path of Exile

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2013

Path of Exile is a free-to-play PC online action Role-Playing Game set in a dark fantasy world.

Path of Exile Royale (april fools)

Bucklebutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bucklebutt

Path of Exile pulled my favorite April Fools prank yesterday, they jokingly announced that they "have abandoned the Action RPG genre to focus on what players really want." You guessed it Battle Royale!!! Best bit though was that it was actually playable! (only for the day, the servers were expensive to host and well, it was a joke). I played a few matches, it was dumb fun, but obviously had it's problems.

Characters started at lvl 1 and exp was set to 100% extra. There were chests around the map that just hemorrhaged loot, so inventory management was crucial. They even implemented the shrinking circle, but i rarely lived past the initial play area... Players soon realized that bow characters with split shot arrows were OP, so I spent most of my time trying to make different types of characters only to run into a split arrow character and get murdered.

Anybody else get a chance to try this? G

Check out the announcement post and trailer here. GGG is a fantastic developer!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

Lol wish you had posted this yesterday. Grim dawn just made a bunch of patch notes about adding a dating system, which was pretty funny.

Bucklebutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: yeah wish I did, didn't know that it was only going to run for the day.. sry!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.