Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2011

Concept »

The second annual PAX East took place at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts on March 11-13, 2011.

PAX East schedule all up in this...

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By matt
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Daveyo520

I wish I had money to go :( It would be awesome and I live relatively close.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

Kingdoms of Amalur world exclusive demo?  That makes so much sense at PAX East that it blows my mind.  I am quite looking forward to hearing about it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Well, we know that Giant Bomb is going to be there...and moreover, they have a panel from 9:30pm to 10:30pm at the Manticore Theatre on that Friday!  We also know that they are vitamin D-deficient.  =  (

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#5  Edited By Marino  Staff

Now if we can get a floor map, I'll be set.

Keegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Keegs

Stoked to see the bombcast live! This year's PAX East is looking to be huge.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By jorbear

Hoorah!

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I'll be there. Three day pass. Gonna go after work Friday night for Giantbomb's thing, and then probably Saturday or Sunday. It's right down the street. 
    "Maticore" was the name of the theater Jeff was in last year.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marino  Staff

Here's my preliminary plan of action... 

Friday 
    Mega64 - 12:30pm 
    Uncharted 3 - 6:00pm 
    Giant Bomb - 9:30pm 

Saturday 
    Roads to Becoming a Community Manager - 4:30pm 
    Saturday Night Concerts (Video Game Orchestra, Paul & Storm, Jonathan Coulton) - 8:30pm 

Sunday 
    Omegathon Finals - 5:30pm 

Friday is pretty solid.  Saturday is kinda empty.  I think i'll go to the community manager thing just for the people on it.  The Twisted Pixel panel could be interesting, but it's during the concerts.  And I always go to the Coulton night of the concert.  The Video Game Orchestra was great last year, and if you've never seen Paul & Storm, I HIGHLY suggest it.  Sunday is pretty empty as well.  I guess I'll have plenty of time for my usual photo documentation of the show that I always do.  I think most people stay in the expo hall til they're kicked out, but I would recommend going to the Omegathon Finals above all else.  It's a fitting closing ceremony to PAX.  And how often have you ever been able to be a part of something so similar to the final competition in The Wizard?

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By trace
    @Marino said:
    " I think most people stay in the expo hall til they're kicked out, but I would recommend going to the Omegathon Finals above all else.  It's a fitting closing ceremony to PAX.  And how often have you ever been able to be a part of something so similar to the final competition in The Wizard? "
    Seconding this so very much. If you're going to PAX, be it PAX East or PAX Prime, attending the Omegathon Final is practically mandatory. It's an amazing end to a crazy competition, and the crowd is entirely into it, even if the final event is really dumb.

I didn't purchased the PAX 2005 DVD set, but I'm sure you can hear several assholes screaming random comments out at the competitors in a weak attempt to be funny. One of those assholes would probably be me, caught up in the excitement of the competition, to a point where I sincerely regretted it afterward. Still, it's a great competition.
    Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @PsEG: Yeah, how many times in your life can you say you've been in a symphony hall with a few thousand people in t-shirts and/or cosplay as they cheer on two dudes playing a stuffed animal crane game?  It's pure insanity.  And it's awesome.
    matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By matt
    beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By beej

Christ I'm jealous, I really have to attend PAX prime sometime.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @Matt: Definitely bigger than last year not only in terms of size but the number of big name companies.
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trace

Criminy. Seeing all the exhibitors there, and finally grasping the scale of the floor...I think I'm going to have to bypass a few of the earlier panels on Friday to check out the floor (and see if I can't get some nifty swag, too).

I saw their logo in the sponsors section a week ago, but I'm still surprised iRacing.com would attend an event like PAX East. I think I'm going to have to check their booth out and see if they're offering something special.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Marino  Staff
    matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By matt
    @Marino:  Getting seriously excited now. I got my new shoes for PAX today too!
    Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Marino  Staff

I like how there's a bridge going over the expo hall. Gonna be great for pictures.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20  Edited By natetodamax

Can't wait! Haven't taken the time to really go through the panel list yet, but so far I plan on seeing the Giant Bombcast (obviously) and  From Background To Center Stage: Building Game Worlds As Main Characters (with Ken Levine)

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By trace
    @Marino: Thanks for the heads up! Shame that the Manticore Theatre isn't on the side with the hotel skybridge, as that'd make my ability to camp out in line for seats all the easier (unless I'd just have to go down to the queue room anyways, rendering this idea moot).

As it is, I'm starting to get a little irrationally excited for all that could happen. See a bunch of awesome panels, hang out with cool people, try out iRacing.com and hope Turn 10's there...so much stuff.
    Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @PsEG: The Queue Room is typically only used for stuff in the main theater and for lining up at the beginning of each day. Each theater usually has its own line.
    rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rentfn
    @natetodamax said:
    From Background To Center Stage: Building Game Worlds As Main Characters (with Ken Levine) "
    I am pumped for that panel!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.