Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2011

Concept »

The second annual PAX East took place at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts on March 11-13, 2011.

So PAX East 2011, what is going down?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I live here in Melbourne Australia and am interested in going to the US next year to visit my uncle and auntie. I was wondering about PAX, how exactly does this work? I know nothing about PAX or what it is but since I might be going to the US I would like to go there because it seems interesting. 

I am not 100% or 50% sure of me going to the states but I just need to know about PAX. 

Thanks.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nukesniper
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @nukesniper said:
    " Here is the Pax site if you want to look into it there. PAX is the expo for the public. You should be able to go if you were around during that time. Which, hell, that would be a neat way to visit America. See the GB guys and see Boston. Game on sir. "
    Awesome! So what do we do there? I have read up on it and am pretty confused. Sorry for being such a noob, but the only expo I really follow is E3 and if anything big is announced at another expo I will just read the news about it on Giant Bomb.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nukesniper

I've never been there, but from what I understand, they will be showing all sorts of games. They have a good indie focus as well. Basically you can find panels to go to to hear some awesome stuff, or you can stand in line to play some unreleased games. If you watch the PAX videos here on the site (just search PAX and go crazy) you can get a rough idea of it.  

Generally though you get awesome stuff and play awesome games that are coming out soon (or not soon at all). Duke Nukem Forever, Portal 2, etc. were all at this last PAX. I plan to go to one eventually, if only to be able to say "I played (awesome upcoming game, like Diablo 3 or something)!!!"

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @nukesniper said:
    " I've never been there, but from what I understand, they will be showing all sorts of games. They have a good indie focus as well. Basically you can find panels to go to to hear some awesome stuff, or you can stand in line to play some unreleased games. If you watch the PAX videos here on the site (just search PAX and go crazy) you can get a rough idea of it.   Generally though you get awesome stuff and play awesome games that are coming out soon (or not soon at all). Duke Nukem Forever, Portal 2, etc. were all at this last PAX. I plan to go to one eventually, if only to be able to say "I played (awesome upcoming game, like Diablo 3 or something)!!!" "
    Awesome! I really hope I get to go! ^__^
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

If you like video games, it seems like the place to be. I'm going this year as well. 

CORRECTION: Next year

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @natetodamax said:
    " If you like video games, it seems like the place to be. I'm going this year as well.  CORRECTION: Next year "
    So, chances of me seeing you?
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

They have presentations and panels going on all day. They also have a showroom floor where all the games coming out are on display for you to play and look at. 

I went to PAX last month and it was the most awesome convention I have ever been to. :D

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By natetodamax
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " If you like video games, it seems like the place to be. I'm going this year as well.  CORRECTION: Next year "
    So, chances of me seeing you? "
    Pretty slim I'd say considering there's going to be between 40,000-60,000 people there.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    Pretty slim I'd say considering there's going to be between 40,000-60,000 people there. "
    So to my understanding the Giant Bomb guys will have a panel and or presentation? are they at a certain time or how does that work.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natetodamax
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    Pretty slim I'd say considering there's going to be between 40,000-60,000 people there. "
    So to my understanding the Giant Bomb guys will have a panel and or presentation? are they at a certain time or how does that work. "
    If they all go they might do something like that, but nothing has been announced yet. It would be at a specific time on a specific day.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    So to my understanding the Giant Bomb guys will have a panel and or presentation? are they at a certain time or how does that work. "
    If they all go they might do something like that, but nothing has been announced yet. It would be at a specific time on a specific day. "
    But then again, even if only 2 of them go there will be a panel. Right? 

And with the presentations are they all on at different times so you can watch them all?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By natetodamax
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    If they all go they might do something like that, but nothing has been announced yet. It would be at a specific time on a specific day. "
    But then again, even if only 2 of them go there will be a panel. Right?  And with the presentations are they all on at different times so you can watch them all? "
    Here's the schedule for last month's PAX to give you an idea of how things are set up.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    But then again, even if only 2 of them go there will be a panel. Right?  And with the presentations are they all on at different times so you can watch them all? "
    Here's the schedule for last month's PAX to give you an idea of how things are set up. "
    Ahh, I see. Thanks. 

Sorry for asking so many questions, this is all new to me.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By natetodamax
    @NekuSakuraba: It's new to me too because I've never gone before!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.