Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2013

Concept »

The fourth annual PAX East took place March 22-24, 2013 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

Fedoras, Bucket Hats, and Chimney Pots... Oh my!

Avatar image for angryredplumber
    AngryRedPlumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

PAX East 2013 was my first experience with PAX, or any gaming convention for that matter. Upon arriving at the convention, I immediately noticed a trend: bad hats. I don't mean novelty foam cowboy hats, cosplay helmets, or those weird animal beanie things, even though those were all quite ubiquitous at PAX.

I'm just talking about bad hats.

Let me clarify, these hats aren't intrinsically bad. They are just unbefitting of a goateed 20-something wearing sneakers and a hooded sweatshirt.

In all honesty, I mean no ill will towards the wearers of such hats, or anyone in these photos. I just find it fascinating that these hat-wearers seem to come out of the woodwork for such an event. I had not realized that the gaming community had such an overlap with the bad hat loving community. It was a fun little challenge to seek out non-baseball-hat-wearers and snap their photos over the weekend.

Anyway, I took some photos. Feel free to share yours... for the love of bad hats!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Now I wanna go back to PAX East next year and rock a fedora.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.