Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2015

Concept »

The sixth annual PAX East took place March 6-8, 2015 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

Still sorry about PAX East 2015

• 55 results
    NTA_Luciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, so you know how you hate people who try to be funny in the Q&A? Remember that one asshole dude who asked the asshole question at East 2015?

Yeah, that would be me.

Since then I've written a comic, went back to school, and transitioned genders. In the words of DJ Khaled, I've changed. A lot. But having been to Prime and this year's East, I feel like I've been living a lie. No one recognizes me post transition. They think I'm a good GB fan that never asked a bad question. It sounds silly, but a major fear going to GB panels is someone (let's say Aurahack to make it extra devastating) going "Hey, you're that guy." Cause I feel like no matter how much I change, I'll always be "that guy," even as a woman.

So yeah, just needed to get that off my chest. Also maybe try not to make judgments on someone's value as a human being based off 10-30 seconds? But yeah, still sorry about that. Not that that'll stop GAF from hating me.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People fuck up all the time, but it's how you respond to and acknowledge that fuck-up that matters. No single person is infallible, so good on you for recognizing the faults in asking that question and growing and learning from it! I don't think folks should be demonized for making a mistake, as long as they're amenable to learning from criticism.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

What was the question? I doubt it matters now anymore does it? I mean, I should hope most people acknowledge time is a factor is such things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Personally I don't see it as a real mistake or fuckup. It was a question at a Q&A panel. Not to try and take anything away from how you feel about it, but anyone who would go up to you and recognize you as "that guy" or would judge you as a person based on that question is the asshole, and that person should maybe take a step back and think a little.

I do and say awkward shit in public (and on the internet) all the time, and I don't really care how many people are "cringing" at it, rarely do I feel there is anything to learn from it. It's just how I am.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

With me, there's kind of a statute of limitations on mistakes, even without an apology or admitting a mistake. That's especially true when meeting someone in real life, or directly contacting them over the internet, and then holding them responsible for something that they did years ago. "Well, maybe they aren't that person any more," is a great way to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

I'd just recommend that you give the same benefit to people in the future. Look at your situation, realize that you shouldn't treat others this way, and then don't. Not that you do, of course, but there are plenty of people out there who are hypocrites. Don't be one of them, and you'll have gained something from your mistake that made you a better person.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Haha, was it that bad to warrant a thread like this? Don't worry about it, duder. Good work with all of the positive changes in your life lately, too!

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't even remember that question yet I remember watching that panel. You're more likely to relive your most embarrassing moments than other people. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it too much.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 49th

The only person I have ever remembered from a PAX panel is the one where the guy had a Crash Bandicoot denim jacket on and I don't even remember what question they asked.

I don't even remember what questions were asked at the panel that literally happened yesterday.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MOAB

You're putting way too much thought into it. Everyone has those moments. I doubt anyone would remember even if you asked the same question.

I wouldn't worry about what GAF thinks about anything.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be one of those shitheads who went around judging people for having bad gear or who didnt go out and raid twenty hours a week. I kinda hate myself from back then...but people change. We grow out of it and sometimes we regret what we used to be. We get better. Think about who you used to be to look back and see how far you've come. That memory isn't a ball and chain you have to carry and dwell on, but a badge showing progress. How much of a badass you are to turn that into who you are now.

The GB crew probably get some real stinkers when they deal with panels and call-ins, and think "thats a goddamn stupid question" but they roll with it. I think that is why I can relate to GB more than most gaming press, the unscripted nature of how they are helps me connect with the fact that they are just regular dudes, not some kind of video game oracle dispensing wisdom.

Congrats on all the life goals, and best of luck with your comic and in school :)

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The only question i'll ever remember is 'how do i get into the videogame business' which is a totally innocent question and no one should feel bad about.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, your intentions were probably not bad when you asked it.

You are forgiven.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

2015 me condemns and cringes at the 2015 you.

2017 me forgot how the 2015 panel went and what questions were asked.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about this?

If you can forgive those of us in the audience for groaning in response to that question, we can forgive you for making an awkwardly delivered joke in a room full of strangers two years ago.

I mean, I can only speak for myself here, but that seems fair to me.

:-)

Also, congratulations on everything! It sounds like you have a lot of great things going for you!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Don't sweat the hyperbole. You're golden.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Tell me about it. When I listened to the IGN podcasts when I was like 15, I emailed in one time, and got big laughs when they read it out. The next time I emailed, I gave a genuine and reasoned response about something, then pretended to have some kind of mental episode so the content of my comment descended into an awful tirade. Guess what? They only read the dank bit, and dead silence ensued for five seconds. Without the context of the reasoned argument I made which was my real response, saying you wished everyone involved in making a bad game got AIDS and their AIDS got AIDS just sounds like a hate speech, when I was in fact making a mockery of people who act like that. I came across like a total sicko; lesson learned.

Live and learn, always. I'm a better person when every tomorrow arrives, and I remind myself that what you say, or how people perceive what you say, can teeter on a knife-edge, even against all of your intentions. Irony was turned on me that day!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is 100% one of those situations where you think more about what people think about you then they actually do. I've watched all the PAX panels and vaguely remember a question or two of the type you are talking about, but wouldn't be able to tell you the exact question, let alone who said it.

Don't sweat it. The past is the past.

caska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna defer to my main man Jidenna here.

Just be yourself and roll with whatever happens, it's not like you have to appease the angry internet people :)

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, so you know how you hate people who try to be funny in the Q&A? Remember that one asshole dude who asked the asshole question at East 2015?

No and no.

One important thing you learn in life is that other people spend a lot less time thinking about you than you think they do. It can be depressing ("do I really matter?") but it is also liberating.

Also if someone is still holding a grudge against you for a joke you told 2 years ago then that is not a person you want to know. That person is doing you a favor by judging you because they are warning you away.

You didn't run over someone's cat or smash a priceless heirloom, you told a groaner of a joke. Anyone worth a darn has forgiven you already, so time to forgive yourself and move past it.

Congratulations on your transition.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

What was the question?

yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 4

No need to feel sorry. The person you are now will always be better than the person you were yesterday.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what this was in reference to, so I actually went to find the video to find out. I didn't bother to actually watch it, but figured someone in the comments would mention it. Still don't know. Seems like everyone that was in the Q&A was awkward and cringy. So...Nobody cares, I guess is the point. Live free of this burden.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to know what the question was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
    deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Write Jump the Shock 100 times on a chalk board and all will be forgiven.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt 99% of anyone cares or have given it much thought. I've been an asshole before too and many times have I said something cringy and regretful, (ha probably even recently) you live and learn.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont really remember any of the questions from the past Q&As other than the one with the Crash Bandicoot denim jacket but that was funny cause i think Jeff also owns one.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm pretty sure, like 99% sure, I watched that panel and do not have a recollection of what you are talking about. Either way, it's all good.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just watched it. are you the "how do i not look like a dumb ass" guy? or the energy based rock band guy? or the should there be ethics in games guy?

those are the only questions that i thought were pretty dumb. but dont let that stuff eat you up. ive held on to dumb shit from the past as well and it always ends up with me being the only one who cares or even remembers. so basically exactly your situation here.

if it makes you feel better next time you go to pax, ask like, a really good question.

to quote solid snake.."Don't regret your past. Learn from it. Regrets only make a person weaker"

komplexkarbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By komplexkarbs

I wouldn't worry about it. You didn't reach the top 10 of dumb questions at their PAX panels.

He threw you off by telling you he was hot with his thermal underwear plus general admission audience...not exactly Night at the Apollo.

Edit: I only know because I looked it up after the fact.

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OceanEve

@nta_luciana: It happens! You know it was silly and dumb and moved on and so has everyone else ^_^ btw congratulations on your transition! <3 always happy to see more trans folks on GB and being happy :D I just started transitioning last year and I'm already starting to feel a little better :)

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, yeah, I remember the last time you made one of these threads. Weird that I only remember it because of the fact you made such a big deal about it, and not whatever the question actually was, hint hint.

Also maybe try not to make judgments on someone's value as a human being based off 10-30 seconds?

Looks like you're the only one in this thread doing that, buddy. Time to get over the past.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember that one asshole dude who asked the asshole question at East 2015?

No, I don't. Now that I think about it, I don't think I remember anything about PAX East 2015.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By avantegardener

I know stupid shit niggles away at us all the time, but you should absolutely forgive yourself for something so cosmically trivial. If I had the power to go back in time and undo my mistakes, I would be in permanent retrograde!

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since then I've written a comic, went back to school, and transitioned genders.

Cause I feel like no matter how much I change, I'll always be "that guy," even as a woman.

Not that that'll stop GAF from hating me.

1. Nope. I barely remember anything about 2015 let alone some random question at a GB panel.
    2. Sounds like you're a lot happier now, that's cool.
    3. Everyone changes over time. Very few people will look back at their younger selves and think "I was really on the ball in my teenage years"
    4. As one internet stranger to another internet stranger, you shouldn't care too much about internet strangers opinions of you. Particularly as you said, ones basing their opinion on 10-20 seconds of someones life.
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I thought that part was actually kinda funny atleast you weren't the dude that insulted dan, I thought that was the worst.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also if someone is still holding a grudge against you for a joke you told 2 years ago then that is not a person you want to know. That person is doing you a favor by judging you because they are warning you away.

You didn't run over someone's cat or smash a priceless heirloom, you told a groaner of a joke. Anyone worth a darn has forgiven you already, so time to forgive yourself and move past it.

I think this here is key. If somebody holds a grudge against you and remembers how you look because you asked a dumb question a long time ago at a panel that is less than serious, it tells you more about them than it does about you.

Congrats on your transitioning too!

Vastaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why this thread was needed. Has someone said something to you or...? Literally everyone will of forgotten about you a week after the panel was over... 2 years later? Cmon.

I mean, it's great you've got your life on track but this just seems like makeing a mountain out of a molehill

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whatshisface: Why would you? Unless you went it just joins the meaningless spiral of content that we all absorb daily. Hell, I can hardly remember the panel from this weekend.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Don't worry about it! There isn't a question from the audience that's not awkward. I skipped past a lot of the question asking process this weekend, and always do, because it's kinda embarrassing. But who can blame them, right? It might be embarrassing to watch, but would I do any better in front of a large crowd, with a mic, and the GB guys staring at me? Probably not! Everyone here's forgot the question you asked anyway. You're not living a lie just because people can't recognize you and tell you said one embarassing thing years ago. It's not a big deal, everyone has said dumb jokes.

Congrats with going back to scool, and transitioning, anyway.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#47  Edited By Kidavenger
    Loading Video...

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dan_CiTi

All of the questions ever asked at panels suck and no one remembers them...you're good. Like what you did wasn't personal or something...literally no one remembers it but you. At worst, everyone who rewatches it will find it awkward and move on instantly because...again that's all panel questions ever.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that part was actually kinda funny atleast you weren't the dude that insulted dan, I thought that was the worst.

I remember this now, that was pretty awkward OP, how will you live with yourself?

Enlighten us. Think I'm not the only one here who has no clue what the actual joke was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48049f850e3
    deactivated-5a48049f850e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only dumb question I remember is a guy asking Jeff if they were going to bring back T.A.N.G.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.