Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

A few questions about dual-monitor setups.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By goodwood

I have been thinking about using my TV as a second monitor which would make doing excel work a lot easier for classes. I was wondering if there is a problem using two different displays that have different resolutions and connections (hdmi and dvi) Also would I be able to disable 1 display to play games? 

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hamst3r

Problems: Not really. If they're different resolutions then there will be a definite wall at the top or bottom of the screen when moving over to the screen with the smaller res.
    Possible to disable during gaming: Yes. Though having two monitors rarely poses a problem. Most games capture the mouse properly and don't allow it to move onto the second screen in-game.
    goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By goodwood
    @Hamst3r: alright thanks. Do you have any experience using a tv tuner? I was thinking about getting one to record tv with windows media center.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Fallen189

Please do it. I can't go  back after starting 2 monitors. Get Ultramon, allowing you better functionatlity

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By warxsnake

No problems at all, i'm running 1920x1200 on my main and 1680x1050 on my second.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goodwood

Im just going to use what I have which is a Dell 19 inch and a samsung 720p TV thats about 24 inches I believe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.